Arthur, I'm old and buggered. I have more health problems than I care to comment on, but spinal osteoarthritis and serious heart problems for starters should give you something to work on ... A camera that I cannot carry all day is completely useless to me! Getting old ain't for sissies, and not much fun. Recently spent 6 days in Epworth Hospital wrt my heart. They still don't know what's causing the current problems. Fortunately, I haven't got endocarditis, my lungs still work and my artificial mitral valve is still firmly in the right place.

A friend has a D3x and 24-70, 70-200 f/2.8 twins. I can barely lift the camera with the 70-200 mounted (four years ago ... ). It is a beautiful camera, and beautiful lens. They take beautiful photos, for which he has won international awards. Far too big and heavy for me ...

Olympus have managed to develop in-camera JPEG processing that works pretty well. 2.7:1 compression vs. 4:1 compression from everyone else probably helps, as (possibly) does using different compression algorithms.

I am also impressed with the Olympus CFA. This gives me true to life colours that I often note are missing with other brands. Some people couldn't give a rat's bum about colour accuracy, but I do ... I take lots of photos where I want as close to perfect colour correctness as I can get. I don't want Kodachrome or Fujichrome colours, I want accurate colours.

135 format cameras might be getting smaller in some cases, but the lenses are big, and heavy, and very, very expensive if you want the very good ones.

We are all different, so it's great to have many different choices.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
There's enough info available (on the net) to contradict this comment.
And, just BTW, there's enough info available on the Internet to contradict any comment ...