User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Dreaded Mackeeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreaded Mackeeper

Hi all, I am a new member to AP and only started using photo bucket when I joined AP, problem is each time I upload a photo to photo bucket to put on the forum I end up with a mackeeper window which I have to force quit to get rid of it. This only seems to happen when using photo bucket, not AP. I've done a search and I don't have this invasive software on my computer and I do not want to have it find its way into my computer. Does anyone else have this problem and if so have you found a way around it or do you just continue to force quit? Thanks for any help with this one. Trev.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevspics View Post
    Hi all, I am a new member to AP and only started using photo bucket when I joined AP, problem is each time I upload a photo to photo bucket to put on the forum I end up with a mackeeper window which I have to force quit to get rid of it. This only seems to happen when using photo bucket, not AP. I've done a search and I don't have this invasive software on my computer and I do not want to have it find its way into my computer. Does anyone else have this problem and if so have you found a way around it or do you just continue to force quit? Thanks for any help with this one. Trev.
    I have moved your thread from site matters, as it is related to your computer/photobucket etc. It is not an AP issue, we dont put software on your computer etc for the site. The only thing we place on your computer is a cookie related to login details and threads viewed etc so that new posts/subscribed threads etc is customised for you, individually as a member.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevspics View Post
    I suggest you try another photo hosting site. This seems to be something to do with photo bucket themselves. They might have some form of advertising arrangement with mackeeper (if they have, I think it's a massive mistake because most people consider this malware)

The other thing to consider is whether something has put a proxy on your internet settings. i.e. redirecting content from certain pages to mackeeper. It's not unusual to get these kinds of things happening.

I'd suggest trying the same thing on someone else's machine or trying a new internet browser to see if it's something specific to a plugin installed in the browser. Are you using Chrome?

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I have moved your thread from site matters, as it is related to your computer/photobucket etc. It is not an AP issue, we dont put software on your computer etc for the site. The only thing we place on your computer is a cookie related to login details and threads viewed etc so that new posts/subscribed threads etc is customised for you, individually as a member.
    Thanks Rick, sorry for posting in wrong spot still finding my way around the site. I do not believe AP has caused me any issues with the mackeeper software what I meant is that I have only been using photo bucket since joining AP and when I use photo bucket thats when the mackeeper appears I dont believe AP is related to the issue in anyway, sorry for for any misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    I suggest you try another photo hosting site. This seems to be something to do with photo bucket themselves. They might have some form of advertising arrangement with mackeeper (if they have, I think it's a massive mistake because most people consider this malware)

The other thing to consider is whether something has put a proxy on your internet settings. i.e. redirecting content from certain pages to mackeeper. It's not unusual to get these kinds of things happening.

I'd suggest trying the same thing on someone else's machine or trying a new internet browser to see if it's something specific to a plugin installed in the browser. Are you using Chrome?
    Thanks MissionMan, I am using safari but will do as you suggested and try another browser. I will see how that goes and if no luck I will try another hosting site, thank again for your help. Trev.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trevs. Are you saying the problem is getting a pic up onto PhotoBucket itself, or that you can't get it from PB to AP?
    Ie, when does this Mackeeper window appear?

FWIW, Flickr is fairly popular.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem uploading to pb or from pb to ap just each time I use pb a mackeeper window comes up. At work at the moment so will try what missionman suggested when I get a chance.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So remove the Mackeeper program from your computer. How do these tghings get on our devices? pb should fine work as a host site without Mackeeper.
    If you can't uninstall it yourself look at the link after the first line of red writing here ...https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3691 ...to find links that can help you remove it.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.