User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Queensland, suuny one day, and the next ,and the next, and the next, and..........

Formerly user: Arzuhl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queensland, suuny one day, and the next ,and the next, and the next, and..........

Anyone else in Queensland frustrated with the cloudless skies at the moment?
    Here is the scenario - sold old camera, bought new 5D MKIII, greatest photographic passion.....Landscapes, result........FRUSTRATION! What has happened to the cloud gods? Please come back from holidays and return us to some lovely diffused light for spectacular sunrises or sunsets or ..................sorry waffling.
    I know this harsh light is great for texture shots and maybe Architectural shots but really hard for anything else, getting sick of the cloudless sky atm.
    There, vented my spleen, now I feel a little better.
    Cheers all.
    Cameras: Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D gripped.
    Lenses: 24mmmm f1.4 L, 24-105mm f4 L, 50mm f1.2 L, 85mm f1.2 II L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS II
    Flash: Canon 600 EX RT.
    Tripod: Manfrotto 190CX Pro3, Manfrotto Automatic Monopod, Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head.
    Bank Manager: Unhappy.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Film Street's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think macro lenses were invented for when nothing interesting is happening outside.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously suggest a change of state. You'll have the same perpetual sunshine, but at least that's a change.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's even worse where I am. At least in Brisbane you do get some storms, we get rain, not storms. Either seems to be cloudless blue or overcast grey and of course on the often rare occasions there are interesting clouds I can't get out to shoot.
    Glenda

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep - and with the low tide this morning it was no clouds and no water I ended up enjoying a walk along the waterfront then coming home and having too much coffee - not a bad morning after all
    Steve

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Move to Tassie and enjoy the equinoctial gales at this time of year. Going outside here risks being clonked on the head by flying tree branches. Had no power yesterday for several hours after a tree fell on the power lines down the road, and caught the power pole on fire. Spent some time this morning helping a neighbour 5 doors down, put tarps over what used to be his roof, which is now sitting on the footpath (it was on the road). My little weather station ticked over 131kmh winds just after 3.00am this morning.

So although we have cloud, and blue sky, and snow..going anywhere near trees is fraught with danger at present, from anything overhead.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez, GrahamS dying to take a photo, and Ricks dying if he tries to take a photo!

Formerly user: Arzuhl
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Rick point taken, sometimes we have to be grateful for small mercies.
    Mark, nice word play.
    Cheers, thx to all for your comments.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Anyone else in Queensland frustrated with the cloudless skies at the moment?
    Ha you got problems, here in Townsville we have 300 days of sunshine every year, at least we beat your Broncos and now into the second week of the finals, just gotta beat that grubby Manly team Friday night.