User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Rain cape for Tripod with Gimbal for beach/surf photography.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain cape for Tripod with Gimbal for beach/surf photography.

Hi there

Does anyone know of a rain or spray cover that is compatible with gimbal heads?

Most of my photography is beach related so I'd like to get something to keep the spray off my body lens but most of the capes I've seen available seem to be aimed at bullhead mounts.

regards,

Athol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EOS 1D MKIII x2, EOS 6D; Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, EF 17-40 4 L, EF 24-70 2.8 L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 2.8 L IS, EF 100 2.8 macro, EF 400 5.6 L, 1.4x II TC, EF25 ET; Speelite 580EX, 430EX; Nissin Di866II; Yongnuo YN560i/ii & YN460ii, YN622C's, RF602's; Gitzo GT3541XLS + Markins Q20i; Manfrotto 055XProB + Giottos MH1301; Manfrotto 680B c/w Kirk MPA-1; Tamrac Pro5, ThinkTank Airport Accelerator, Airport Antidote V2, Pro Speed Belt + Racing Harness + Modular Skin Set; Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CS5.
    myflickr

Scarlet letters aren't that bad.. I rather like L

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Athol

When my missus wants to make a qwik 'n simple poncho to keep herself nice & dry, it's "get a blanket, slice a diagonal hole in the centre; slide her head thru the slit & let the cloth fall around her".

Is there any way you can make your own "poncho" to fit over the camera & tripod legs??
    Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Account Closed at member's request
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieTraveller View Post
    G'day Athol

When my missus wants to make a qwik 'n simple poncho to keep herself nice & dry, it's "get a blanket, slice a diagonal hole in the centre; slide her head thru the slit & let the cloth fall around her".

Is there any way you can make your own "poncho" to fit over the camera & tripod legs??
    Regards, Phil
    I probably could but there are disposable versions that I could modify when I need them. I just figured someone would be aware of some standard options to keep the sea spray off my camera which may do a better job. Wobble seems to have come up with some suggestions from the looks of the one they have a gimbal option available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how big is your head? the optech rainsleeve has quite a long 'tail' and is light