User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: HDR Effect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HDR Effect

I am using the free trial of Lightroom 4.1 at the moment and was wondering if i could create a HDR image using that program.If anybody could point me to a tutorial or offer advice that would be good. If i cannot do this in Lightroom is there another program that i can use preferably one i could try before i have to buy.

Thanks Ruski

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    photomatix, or download the trial of the Nik software HDR efex, and that plugin will work within lightroom.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
    I am using the free trial of Lightroom 4.1 at the moment and was wondering if i could create a HDR image using that program.If anybody could point me to a tutorial or offer advice that would be good. If i cannot do this in Lightroom is there another program that i can use preferably one i could try before i have to buy.
    You can create a pseudo-HDR effect using Matt Kloskowski's free LightRoom HDR presets but it's limited to a single image effort.

If you want true HDR effects then you need to blend multiple images and for that you'd need at least Photoshop Elements or something like GIMP if you can't afford the money for PSE. Lightroom can import 32-bit images from PS so you can finish your HDR there, but it can't blend the images for you in the first place.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get Photomatix. It is very well priced and it does an excellent job

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A while ago, I did a comparison of three different HDR options : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...are+comparison

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fess67 View Post
    Get Photomatix. It is very well priced and it does an excellent job
    Just read an article that Photomatix is about to release a US$29 plug-in for LightRoom 4.1 to produce 32-bit merged images for final processing in LR4. When that comes out, I may go that way. Until then Photomatix is too dear for me.

I've just downloaded the Nik HDR Efex Pro2 free trial, so we'll see what's possible for US$49 in the meantime.

Fact is, though, that if I can blend the images for around $30 then I already have the capability in LR4 to do the processing. Win-Win.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice and i will look into all the different downloads you have suggested. Now i just have to try to learn how to do it...
    Last edited by Ruski; 26-08-2012 at 8:46pm.