Quote Originally Posted by dacar View Post
Thanks for all the prompt replies everyone. It looks like there are quite a few peole after the same thing, and it looks like it doesn't really exist - or we haven't found it yet. Maybe there is a business opportunuity there!
having said that, I don't want to consider the thread closed - iot's too soon. So I hope someone else has found what we are looking for and is ready to share it.
cheers
david
They do exist. Try http://www.lulu.com/. They let you upload a print ready PDF file (eg prepared in InDesign) and the service even included issuing an ISBN Number and a listing on Amazon (Amazon only available for US customers but that may have changed).

I think the fact that you said photobook made us think of a different type of service that was template based. I think if you Google "Self Publishing" and "On Demand Printing" you will start to home in on what you are looking for.

Once you are using a page layout program, there is no restriction on the layout (but bleeds, gutters, creep and a whole host of technical things need to be considered). Hopefully the publisher you choose will provide good guidelines to follow and enforce standards if this takes you out of your comfort zone.

have fun!