User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Amazing Light...of a different kind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing Light...of a different kind

Though I might share this with fellow APers For the longest time one of my passions has been Hardstyle Dance music from Europe.

Every year for the last 10 years there has been an event run called Qlimax. Each year, the lighting and stage setup trumps the previous year. The DJ's are the star, but the linking of the lighting to the music is simply mind blowing..

If you don't like dance music, turn your speakers off, if you do, crank them to the max...but I recommend you watch for at least the first minute, and try to stop watching after that!

I would hate to try and work out exposure for this situation...this clip was actually recorded by one of the techs during the show....anyway, put it full screen, kick back and enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ewy1AYrUbk

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was watching and listening to "RAGE"
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzfox View Post

I would hate to try and work out exposure for this situation...this clip was actually recorded by one of the techs during the show....anyway, put it full screen, kick back and enjoy....

Yeah! I lasted a few seconds into the lightshow, but the music was tedious.

You don't really have to work out the exposure actually! All you'd need to work out is what type of exposure you wanted(neutral, over or under exposed) and let the camera do it's thang!

Generally and shooting raw, you'd probably want a little bit of over exposure of the laser light display, to give you as much leeway with recovering the shadows that you WILL inevitably lose in the scene.
    Then back at the computer, you would recover these highlights as best as you can, add saturation to get the colour of the lasers back and just let the shadows fall where they naturally end up.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N