I guess that the odds are really slim (unless you live in Sydney/Melbourne where these things happen way more often) but seeing some major crime/accident/fire and having the 60D so that I can take some HD vid for the TV companies, and some really good quality stills for the newspapers, would have to be a whole lot more appealing to Editors/Producers than an incredibly crappy mobile phone vid and some pixelated grainy snaps.
But like I said, the odds would be pretty low. I'd imagine if that was why you carried a camera, then you'd carry one your whole life and never get to use it.
I fully understand your attitude towards it Xenedis. I just wonder if there's absolutely nothing ever going to come across your path that you'd want to photograph except a seascape? I realise that is your love, your goal, and your purpose for shooting, but if there's nothing else on the planet that you would ever want to have a camera nearby for? But then that's the sort of stuff they make small compact P&S's for I suppose.