Quote Originally Posted by Danielle10 View Post
Not at all, I know that your work is fantastic. The point I'm making is there is one lady I kind of know through a friend (who i originally posted about) the images are really bad and some of them just tasteless.
Some are blurry (sorry most)
Kind of makes me think well of she can do it why can't I? I'm more into live bands anyway, but feel I couldn't charge someone as I'm not a professional... Maybe I will start to offer photo shoots and charge people. I just don't feel I'm that great at it. Oh well, u never know what people want do you?
Soon as you charge, your a Professional

Sounds like your Morals are holding you back.

A friend, whom I have taken photos of their newborn, consistently insists I should start charging and taking photos for people. I am not interested though. I don't shoot for money, but for the love of doing it.

Also, they look at the photos thinking they are amazing, but in reality, to them, its the subject that is amazing, their baby boy... its just my photos look a little better (modest huh?) than he ones they take on their iphone.

A friend (yes, i have a couple) also just got married. As with my weddings i attend, I always pack my camera. Well, the 'official' photographer shot some photos, and got a little up set with me when I fired a few bursts with my 1D in High speed + 580EX flash, It got the attnetion of the bride and groom who looked at me. I nailed the shot. She missed it. I felt bad, but thats life.

I have since seen the photos this 'pro' took. I actually thought she was just a friend who was asked to shoot, but now, i see she has a FB page... The photos were average. Simple mistakes, bad light, cropping the tops of heads, shoulders etc. Not good, not good at all. All rookie mistakes, not ones you should be making when taking photos for someones wedding day.

Anyways... enough of my waffle.

in parting, If you feel you can make a buck from your hobby, do it. but don't risk your reputation for a few $$.