Quote Originally Posted by Danielle10 View Post
. . .Having a special on at the moment.
E.g.: $90 for up to 50 digitally enhanced images on a disc to print at your leisure.

I personally hate the idea of burning a disc and giving it to a client mainly because if they have photos printed at Harvey Norman or big w etc the print quality is absolutely terrible. I would not like my name associated with poor prints.

I would prefer to give prints that i have printed at a pro lab than a disc burnt at home- its just tacky

What do u think
I mainly supply prints to non commercial customers – e.g. portrait sittings and such.
I mainly use one of two professional labs depending upon the print medium.
Very occasionally I will supply digital files, but only if requested and the job is suitable: no I don’t find this approach limiting.
I am not sure that you (the Photographer) should necessarily be worried that your (their) name would be associated with poor prints if the files are sold to the client. I think the question necessitates an understanding that although both primarily Photography, ostensibly these are two different products which are being purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
I see nothing wrong with supplying images on easily transferred media if that's what the customer asks for.
I agree . . .

but . . .

Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
If there is any issue by the client as to the quality of the final prints that they do themselves, it's up to the photographer to be able to prove that they can do better and to highlight the fact with evidence to support themselves.
WHY Arthur?

Maybe I should not be reading the words literally:

But why is it incumbent upon the Photographer to prove that the file which was purchased (and assumed previewed by the Client) can be better printed?

And why should the Photographer have to pay with time and money to have that or supported by the evidence with print or prints from those files?

Sure, I can understand the Photographer having a portfolio of Prints – and establishing with the Client (prior to sale of files) that: “this is the Print quality I get from my lab.”

But to have the blanket rule that there is a burden of making same prints just to establish the Client’s choice of Photofinisher is poor or in error: this is neither necessary nor warranted.

WW