Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    Are you replying as their hired Pro (If they have one) or as a paying punter?

I have taken my DSLR to many concerts before, but always read the small print before hand, and sound if I'm allowed. Darren, I'm not trying to take away from paid pro's, but I know you know the difference in IQ and results in general between P&S and DSLR.

Is it fair, sure it is, I'm not getting paid to shoot the show, I wan't some for personal keeps. If I was getting paid for it, I'd be wearing a 'Getty' badge and getting plenty for it.
    (my understanding).....You may not be getting paid BUT if you get a cracker of a shot AND the people in the know want that shot OR you decide to put it on the market, it can be sold and be in the media domain without the express permission of the artist or the venue. More than that, the venue, artist are not getting their cut of the revenue. Now we all know the world is run by accountants....they know f&%* all about cameras but lots about money. So, you cannot take that nice big camera in because the accountants have worked out it could cost them money.

Your mission (should you be stupid enough to try) is to convince the idiot accountants that many P&S cameras are more than capable of taking high quality images equal to the big 'pro' looking rigs. Good luck with that!!

As Kiwi said, enjoy the concert and chill. Otherwise, get a press pass (if you can) and go play but be prepared to pay a royalty on images, even those posted for fun on sites like this.
    Last edited by fess67; 17-11-2011 at 12:18am.