Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    Thanks John and Stan. I haven't actually bought the lens yet - but I have my eye on a few auction ones- Rodenstock Rodagon (non APO) 80mm, the Nikkor EL- 80mm/4 and the Schneider 80mm - all around the $120 mark.

I haven't been able to find any LPs but there are a couple of Dursts local for around $200 - is that a good price? I have no idea when it comes to this stuff - new territory to me.
    The Durst Im looking at comes with the the proper lens board for an 80mm lens and it has a glass 6x6 neg holder.
    I have the Rodenstock APO-Rodagon-N 80/4 and although it is an excellent lens it is still best stopped down a couple of stops. The difference in performance is significant. I would guess that the non APO version would perform a little worse.

The Schneider Componon-S line of lenses is extremely good. I would personaly opt for a 100/5.6 Componon-S but this makes it a little harder to make large prints, compared to a 75/80mm lens.

There won't be a huge amount of difference in the performance of the lenses you mentioned but stay away from Rodenstock Rogonars, Schneider Componars or similar 'cheaper' lines of lenses. Any 6 element lens should be fine.

JJ
    Last edited by jjphoto; 16-11-2011 at 12:15pm.