User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  24

View Poll Results: Where do you see your photography taking you?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like sharing my photos with family and friends (and on forums, etc)

33 32.04%
  • I would like to/do make a little money from selling photos

31 30.10%
  • I want to be/am a Professional Photographer (part-time)

17 16.50%
  • I just like taking photos as a hobby, for me

14 13.59%
  • I want to be/am a Professional Photographer (full-time)

7 6.80%
  • Other (specify)

1 0.97%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you want to go with your photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main goal, is when I go somewhere, and take a photo while there, that it be a photo worth showing people, a photo that does the place justice, and that doesn't make me cringe as I look back through them later.
    My secondary goal is to get a bit "creative" with pictures, trying new and interesting things, but still primarily around my first goal - i.e. creative stuff I can do with photography while I'm out and about camping/travelling/etc.
    Within both of those, I'd like to be relatively "multiskilled" - that is I'd like to know how to do a reasonable job of a wide variety of photos - take a good macro, take a good portrait shot, take good scenery shots, know how to take low light shots around a campfire or sunrise/sunset, know how to get the pictures needed for an HDR shot, take or stitch a reasonable pano, etc etc.
    That's probably asking a lot for an amateur, and requires far more hours with a camera in my hand than work and life will probably ever allow me, but hopefully I have a lot of life left in which to do it.
    Canon EOS 60D ..... EFS 18-200mm f/3.5 - 5.6 IS - 430 EXII Speedlite - "eBay special" Remote Control Unit - Manfrotto 190XPROB w 804RC2 head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    Cant vote in this Poll, as there is no option for wanting to be God
    You wouldn't like it mate, the hours are too long and the employee are a dodgy lot
    Andrew
    D700, D5000, Various Nikon and Sigma Lenses and lots of other expensive thingys with buttons and knobs (some even go Bing !!)
    www.andrewplacephotography.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have similar goals as Ezookiel up there.

Learning my camera so I can take it with me wherever I go and produce great photos of a certain creativity standard to show people. Help keep memories, help share the memories. Show people the place/subject in the way I saw it/them.

If I could become a resident photographer for a company like ADV1wheels.com, that would be a dream. Photographing high quality beautiful cars in great locations to be produced and shown to the masses, that'd be great

Amongst the people I know, I'm the go-to guy for photo stuff. I don't see myself as a beginner anymore, but maybe under "Intermediate" level. I know my way around my camera, it's just trying to improve myself in a range of types of photos. I have an interest mostly in Portraits and Vehicles, as well as just the world around me. Trying to show it off in a different way to the norm, but as well as embracing what people usually see. Just with a bit of a "Tommy Style Twist" to it (if you will)

My photo a day project has helped me learn so much!
    http://daily.omgtom.net

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment photography will be a hobby for me and as others have said with working 48 - 50 hours a week doesn't leave a lot of time. Still try and get out when the opportunity arises and try to master the camera and hopefully one day get that perfect bird shot
    Regards
    Wayne

CC Always welcome as its a great way of Learning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd get out more to practice if I could stop being so damned lazy. Dead still morning, and gorgeous lake down the road with a town centre on the other side of it, and a great chance to play around with night reflections, and even though the dog asked to go out for a pee at 4:50am, instead of getting up and grabbing the camera and tripod to head down there and experiment, instead I kicked the dog out the back and went back to bed. With dedication like that, I'll be lucky to ever progress past newbie - LOL.
    Last edited by Ezookiel; 14-10-2011 at 11:28pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a hobby for me and always will be. I like my normal job and making a living as a photographer sounds quite difficult.
    I like to pick what I shoot and feel similarly to others that have posted above that turning a hobby into your job can kill the enjoyment.

One of the biggest pluses of photography for me is that it makes me pay attention a lot more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123