Quote Originally Posted by Luna-blu View Post
I got them on a hard drive as raw's, setup a seperate catalog for them within the main file, imported, edited then exported JPG's at highest quality using a preset and gave her the drive back.
The 'tog then emailed saying that the image files were too small and pixellated when printed.
I checked the last time they were accessed on windows expolorer and it looks like they've been opened and resaved after I gave the drive back.
It was the original jpg exports that I think she's fiddled with, it's the only explanation I can come up with now.

I thought maybe it was because the exposure was pushed so much in post, and willing to concede that it may have been something I'd done but I just can't see how.

However if anyone can see something I have done wrong let me know, I'm always up for a bit of personal development.
The only thing I can suggest is that when saving from RAW to JPG, not only do you need to set the Quality at 100% and Best, but you also need to check your software isn't processing at a default 72dpi for the web.

When preparing files for printing it is important that the dpi for the exported JPG is not less than 150 and preferably 300 to prevent pixelation on printing at larger sizes. That could also account for such a dramatic difference in size between the original RAW file and the exported JPG. Just a thought and not suggesting that's what happened.