User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EBook Reader recommendations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy your purchase Annie! A colleague had her kindle at work today and it was the first time I'd seen one..have to say I loved it and am now seriously considering whether or not I should get one..I have the kindle app on my htc which I like to browse..think it would be great for travel as books nowadays are so big and heavy!
    flickr

C+C welcome and appreciated

Formerly known as : ColdBlood :
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reader vs ipad
    • I cannot read from ipad for a long time in the same way as I cannot read from the monitor. also, it has shiny surface which I suspect may be unreadable at att on sunlight.
    • I can read from the reader for the whole day and still have clear head and bright eyes Also, I can read on sunlight.
    • the reader is much more lightweight and takes less space. It fits perfectly in my photographers backpack.
    • the battery lasts for weeks
    • it does not have angry birds or whatever, but I don't care - I use it for reading. Moreover, I'd like to have a rest from games and apps when I'm travelling.

the reader
    I use Sony prs-650. why not kindle? I pre-load books, so I do not need interner and therefore I do not need a keyboard - it's additional space and weight.
    comparison:

it looks like this:

unlike other touch-screen-readers Sony made an innovation in prs 350, 650, 950 - it does not have a wacom touch layer under (or above) the glass as it makes the text less readable. it has a bunch of infrared sensors placed on the perimeter, so it does not affect your reading at all.

and these sonys have same "pearl" screen as kindle does.

if you just need to read the text books, then you may take 350 (5") or 650 (6"). 950 is 9" and is not suitable for carrying around.
    Nikon D750, Tamron 15-30, Nikkor 70-300 VR2
    https://antongorlin.com
    Real Estate Photography

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123