Thread: Nikon 70-200 f2.8

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N*A*M View Post
    i have the VR and use it whenever i shoot outdoors

it usually sits on the D300, but i actually really like the focal length and working distances on full frame
    feels much more flexible, whereas the D300 always feels too long

i shoot people, animals, cars, bikes, sports, so vignetting and less sharpness in corners has never bothered me
    VRII would be nice, but the premium over the VR is not worth it for me

the VR function works ok and is nice to have, but i do not use it all the time
    the AF is damn good though... very fast and precise

compared to my old AF-D 80-200, this lens is on another level
    it really is a joy to use

when buying the second hand lens, don't forget to do all your usual checks and tests
    this is a pro lens so it may have had a hard working life
    Thank you also for your advice. I will be doing all the usual checks and will be asking if I can test the lens first before committing to the purchase. I know the person selling reasonably well and trust her when she says she is selling as she doesn't use it very much. I take people at face value and hope this is the case here
    Kassy
    Nikon D700
    CC Welcome and Appreciated

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally I have an update, I got the lens last night for a trial and this afternoon played with some off camera flash techniques with the 70-200mm lens, here is one of the photos so far I must say I really do like this lens
    Oh PS This is taken on my D700 camera

DSC_2794 by ksemas, on Flickr

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new lens!

I am a little concerned with the photo as it looks like the focus plane is a little bit behind the eyes. The hair on both girls below the chin and in the middle of their heads is in focus, but the eyes are not. Where was the focus indicator situated in the viewfinder when you took this pic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kassey I have the lens you are talking about and swear by it especially on the D700. yes there is a later version but you cant go wrong with it if you are getting it at half price. It is a very good all purpose lens I use mine for some sport and a lot of landscapes and am very satisfied. It doesn't matter what you buy there will always be so called newer and better but if you get a hold of something that suits your purpose run with it and don't look back. That's been my motto and I enjoy what life brings along. My advise if you have not already got it then do so you wont be sorry.
    Regards Allen.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    Congrats on the new lens!

I am a little concerned with the photo as it looks like the focus plane is a little bit behind the eyes. The hair on both girls below the chin and in the middle of their heads is in focus, but the eyes are not. Where was the focus indicator situated in the viewfinder when you took this pic?
    Thanks for the feedback Lance, I will check where the focus was and make sure to correct for future use, still trying to get the hang of spot focus on eyes and keeping steady. I guess I was just so excited and in awe with such a great lens Oh and PS it is not as heavy as I thought

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by driverkelly View Post
    Hi Kassey I have the lens you are talking about and swear by it especially on the D700. yes there is a later version but you cant go wrong with it if you are getting it at half price. It is a very good all purpose lens I use mine for some sport and a lot of landscapes and am very satisfied. It doesn't matter what you buy there will always be so called newer and better but if you get a hold of something that suits your purpose run with it and don't look back. That's been my motto and I enjoy what life brings along. My advise if you have not already got it then do so you wont be sorry.
    Regards Allen.
    Thanks Allen I totally agree with you and have decided to go ahead with the purchase of this lens. I know I won't be sorry and hubby said I can as long as he can get a new BCD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12