Thread: FireFox 5 and website loading issues

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    I've had some of what you've described but, I just assumed it was related to the site issues (thus you are changing servers).
    The AP issues are malformed header errors, database errors or long page load times. The issue with FF5 I have had, is that it just seems to not even find the site I have in the address bar at all. I have reverted to ff4 and not a single issue so far
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO problems not finding the site here, just a few database errors and traffic issues, but nothing else. FF5 here and had no problems with any site.
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The AP issues are malformed header errors, database errors or long page load times. The issue with FF5 I have had, is that it just seems to not even find the site I have in the address bar at all. I have reverted to ff4 and not a single issue so far
    I have FF5. I'll keep my eyes peeled for exactly what it is if I get delays again.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had one issue in that a page(on AP) didn't load at all, and it was after a series of rightclicks and open in new tab operations.
    That's my usual MO, where I flick throough as many new posts as I can in one tab, and open many threads in new tabs, as I continue to flick through the new posts pages.

Doing this before I emptied the cache, may have resulted in many of the new tabs simply not loading at all, and others having loaded correctly.
    I just opened well over 10 new tabs.. possibly 20 new tabs and only one page didn't load at all, and all others loaded correctly.

Can't comment on many other sites and the performance on them .. I barely get enough time to fully browse through AP!

I checked the work PC earlier and it was running on FF4 point whatever, but I don't know exactly which. When I opened FF for the first time this morning, it just finished updating to FF5!

So.. I'm guessing that any FF5 plus AP issues may be server related and not just a case of FF5's 'new aggressive caching issues'
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still got all my tabs open and FF5 is still working fine on any of them I care to look at and update.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a long term Thunderbird/FireFox user and lately I have been re-evaluating my decision. The quality control and support for these programs have been heading down-hill for a while now.

I occasionally have to hit reload in FF5, and it is definitely a lot slower than it used to be. At first I attributed it to my ISP and/or other software I'm running, but it has become clearer that FF5 itself is to blame. Friends of mine have been touting Chrome as a superior browser, and I have to admit I'm tempted lately.

As for Thunderbird, my latest experience has been the penultimate straw. After installing TB5, it would crash immediately upon running, and I couldn't access my emails for a day. I finally found - thanks to Google and NO thanks to the Thunderbird site - an old version that I could re-install. I was afraid that the install of TB5 may have altered some configuration files that would prevent me from downgrading, but fortunately that wasn't the case.

It has been over a week now since others have reported the same problem as me, and still there is no fix, or even acknowledgement, of the problem from the TB team. And it's not the 1st time a bug has been reported by many users but 'ignored' for weeks on end by the support team.
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12