there's been some really interesting thoughts on this topic... and i agree with a lot of what's been said.

Quote Originally Posted by campo View Post
My contract states something along the lines of "if guests interfere, then the couple accepts that this may adversely impact the quality of my work. It is the couple's responsibility to ensure guests don't interfere."
i have something along these lines also in my contracts i have, a lot of it can't be enforced, but as its been mentioned i think communication is the key.

my last wedding resulted in a friend of the bride's who tagged along to the formal shots session i was doing. now usually i'm more than happy for people to tag along if they want, but what annoyed me was that he was taking the same shots over my shoulder which i was taking after i had posed the bride and the groom. i think it just came down to communication - if he asked whether he could shoot at the same time i probably would have given him a chance to shoot between shots, but to take the exact same shots as what i was taking really got to me. that plus it was a real hot day out in the summer sun.

i politely told him that i couldn't concentrate hearing his shutter constantly going off. i think he got the idea soon after.