Thanks for the replys

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
some impressive images ; particularly the freezing of wing movement on #4. Just how fast a shutter speed can be used with this flash ??
The hover fly was 1/125, f9 ISO 100, I can't get the camera(K20) to shoot any faster than 1/180, I don't know if you can ?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsrus View Post
One other matter. Pentax rinflash may not fit on larger sigma macro lenses. To use the sigma flash on my two 49mm filter thread pentax llenses, I needed a 52 to 49 adjustment ring
The flash comes with 4 mounting rings 49,52,58 and 67mm. The frustration when it arrived, the Tamron 90 is 55mm..........lightning speed to the camera shop and back in record time,$18.00 lighter of pocket ,55-58mm step up ring in hand and right to go.

Quote Originally Posted by birdsrus View Post
I have the cheaper sigma "ring flash" however it is realy a twin flash. It leaves a bit of a shaddow with insects etc. So it depends what you want. My preference is to use it maually and use one flash at a quarter and the other an eigth and I adjust apperature.
I've only used the Pentax flash on manual so far, I find it easier to control. One thing I don't like about this flash is the refection, although on occasion it looks appealing, it's a bugger to photoshop( I'm learning) out if required.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...7500.629460635