Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
Fair price. Sit down and work out your costs. Consider : gear, travel, printing, processing, time taken etc. basically work out what it costs you per hour to do the job. Then double it. That is your hourly rate, so from that you can start to work out how much to charge. based on your costs.

Agree with Andrew though, what was the deal for the model attending this shoot, was she paid, was it some sort of agreed exchange for her time etc. You need to consider that in the scheme of things.

Thanks for that piece of advice Rick, will need to really look into this. Not only cost to myself, but family time aswell, given I work away over half the year (mining industry)

I attended a Photographic workshop run through my local Pro Camera Shop, They had two pros bring out some studio flash gear, 4 x models and different lenses for people to try. We (the attendies) paid for the evening and to which I can only presume the 4 x models where paid for from what we where charged. They provided their knowledge and CC on our shots and techniques, how to use flash Blah Blah Blah, (well worth it). Wanting to use same model to start with, both in agreeance to styles of shot, so I'll have to take it from there, she is keen to get pictures and i'm keen for the experience.