Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which lens would you recommend?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Grauniad and Tony for your helpful advice too. I appreciate it very much. I am learning so much from this forum and can't wait to get the time to really get stuck into some courses etc. I have purchased soooooooooo many books over the past year and have learnt a lot from them but would love to actually do courses. Bit hard when you are a tour guide though coz you cannot attend regular weekly classes etc. Any tips on good online courses that don't cost an arm and a leg?

BTW Grauniad & Tony, I am taking your advice and spending all my time on practising instead of worrying about equipment just yet. Tony, so if I understand you correctly, my kit lenses that I got with my 350D (18 - 55mm & 75 - 300mm) won't fit a 5D? What about my Sigma 18 - 250mm? It doesnt say if its a EF-S? If I purchase a 24 - 105 L series Canon lens before the 5D camera, will it fit my 350D camera?

Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by OzOutbackGirl; 23-11-2010 at 7:55pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 18-55 is an EF-S lens that won't work on a full-frame 5D (which deserves something better anyway). The 75-300mm is an EF lens that works on both crop-sensor cameras like your 350D and full-frame cameras like the 5D. Not sure about the Sigma 18-250mm, if it has a white dot where it joins the body it's an EF-S lens, if it has a red dot, it's an EF lens. Compare with the other two lenses. All EF (and EF-S) lenses, like the 24-105L lens, will fit your 350D. Sorry, can't help with advice on online courses.
    Canon ES 60D plus assorted lenses, accessories and software.
    (http://flickr.com/photos/r_topor/)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12