User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rewarding Clients

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, I understand where you're coming from Jasevk but I've never heard of him and I'm sure no one on this forum has ever heard of him so he's hardly relevant to this thread.
    Maybe if you were to name the person we could check him out? Maybe it's not important.
    Congrats JM that's fine work on your part.
    Photojournalist | Filmmaker | Writer | National Geographic | Royal Geographic

D3x and other gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His name isn't relevant... no need to be passive aggressive red, but again... All I'm saying is that it IS being done by people, without the negative effect you suggest it would have
    Living the dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevk View Post
    His name isn't relevant... no need to be passive aggressive red, but again... All I'm saying is that it IS being done by people, without the negative effect you suggest it would have
    Sorry Jasevk, wasn't meaning to be aggressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok red, go pick out a landscape from my site and I'll send you a free wallet card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I get the "landscape" for free too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never heard of Redgum, and plenty of other people on this forum, until I'd had a chat with a few of you; but thats not the point either redgum

Whats the point is that for some people giving a gift to their clients works, and for some it doesnt.

I have my foot in both camps, because sometimes depending on the client, I know that a business thank you gift, especially around the Xmas time, does work wonders. And other times, I know its completely pointless. Can I tell which is which after all these years ? No. Depends on the occasion, the client, and importantly the personalities involved.

It also depends on the item you intend to give. Most of the gifts I've given have been nice small items that include a branding reminder of my business.
    Last edited by Longshots; 16-10-2010 at 3:53pm.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshots View Post
    I'd never heard of Redgum, and plenty of other people on this forum, until I'd had a chat with a few of you; but thats not the point either redgum
    That's alright William, we'll excuse your sheltered life.
    I was having a go at Jasevk for using the term "former AIPP photographer" and have since apologised. As a journalist it's just not cool to use an unidentifiable source as an authority to support a personal opinion. When politicians do that we know they're not telling the truth.
    Anyway, like I said I've apologised and I promise I won't do it again in this thread.
    Still doesn't change my opinion - giving gifts is like ripping up $10 notes - I can't do either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
    As a journalist it's just not cool to use an unidentifiable source as an authority to support a personal opinion.
    Well lucky I'm not a journalist.... Looks like I'm off the hook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite often I'll throw in an extra 5x7 print or 2 to a client as a thankyou. Especially when they have been a big spender or I've enjoyed working with them. Having had a lot of experience in customer service I think the little extra can see them coming back
    Sam.
    Kiddy Paparazzi, Wife and Mum of 4. Not always in that order!

Nikon F60 & Nikkor 35-80mm, Nikon D700 & Nikkor 50mm 1.4, 24 - 70 f/2.8G, 105mm micro f/2.8G Nikon SB800 speedlight, Casio Exilim P&S and other assorted paraphernalia that takes up too much room in my study!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think a surprise gift is a lovely idea, in the right field (eg family portraiture, etc). i think the client would really appreciate it!

if you're interested, there's an awesome free template site with photoshop templates you can use with whcc or millers -
    http://www.ewcouture.com/news-musing...ree-downl.html

there's all kinds of high-quality free templates on the site, too, like business cards, rep cards, dvd covers, bookmarks, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loooooove ewcoture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do the sending of Christmas cards thing
    post them Christmas Eve

Why, whats the point ? You may ask.
    Because ... If you send in the usual xmas mail, it gets lost in the crowd, & its just another card.
    Send after, & clients get a kick out of it arriving late. You will be remembered.
    Simone

"If you're good at something, never do it for free." -- The Joker.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The surprise gift is a great idea, especially as we are working in a field where it is a good thing to build a relationship with a client. Plenty of businesses have been giving away pens etc for years. My suggestion would be a custom printed fridge photo frame (you can include the photo or not) and also use it discretely keep your details on hand. It might be a girl thing but nice packaging and being nice and being treated nice is going to get people to come back and be friendly. Even a little heart shaped chocolate or ..... check out all the different options you can get in promotional items, they are really quite sophisticated these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12