User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi I'm interested in Canon 7D and need help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got both. The 5d 2 has better IQ not significantly, is better for wide stuf and when you have time to take time over what you are doing.
    The 7d has better auto focus has good IQ, better long (cropped sensor) has inbuilt flash good for fill some times.
    Both cameras are better than me I don't think you could go wrong with either, that said when you get it all rite the images from a 5d are just so good.
    Thanks Steve
    Winer of the sheep week 2 + 6
    www.atkimages.com.au "If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough," ROBERT CAPA"
    Tokina 16-28 f2.8 PRO FX,Sigma 500 4.5 Ex DG, Canon 5D Mii, Canon 7D, Canon 2x converter,Canon 70-200 2.8 L,
    Sigma 120-300 2.8 EX, Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX, Canon 1.4x converter, Canon 580 ex 2 speed light
    And two canon kit Lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I considered the 7D when upgrading from my 350D but after a lot of research and talking to a few people that had more experience than me I was a bit unsure if my wife who also uses the camera and myself would be able to handle the 7D so I decided to go with a 50D and have not been dissapointed. I wasnt keen on the video capability of the 7D and the 50d was a lot cheaper and is a full size camera with most of the features found on the "pro" cameras. It is in runout now but it is still available at less than half the original rrp. and the wife loves it also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the people above posting the extra links etc.

i have barely had time over the past 18 months to take too many photos with my SLR (a bit hard carrying it and the baby at the same time) but look to be getting back into it.

I too am upgrading from my 400D, and was thinking of doing so 18 months ago... ran out of time. So now I look at Canon's line up and of course think 50D or 7D. It seems in Australia and elsewhere the 7D is more expensive than the 50D, which seems natural.

However here in Tokyo I can get the 7D cheaper than the 50D! What is up with that? Doesn't make sense to me. I have not read anywhere that there is a major problem with 7Ds that is making people not buy them. I am off to Singapore in a week, but so far online have not found a 7D cheaper there than in Japan.

Anyway... I am sitting here at the PC thinking about to clicking the "buy" button to get a 7D and maybe a long Sigma zoom, up to 500mm, hmmm.

Anyway, once again thanks to all the links and member feedback on cameras. Certainly helps a lot.

*Canon 400D. Canon 7D, Canon A720 P&S + Underwater housing, Panasonic DMC-TZ-10 ; Underwater housing.
    *Canon 70-200 L F4 IS USM, Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Sigma 10 - 20mm, Tamron 28-75 F2.8, Nifty 50, Sigma 135-400 4.5-5.6, 18-55 Kit Lens in reverse mode, Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300, Kenko set of extension tubes. Apple MacBook Pro 15" Core i7.
    * Slik Tripod with ball head. 2 other Slik Tripods. Lowepro Backpack Camera Bag.

My Site | DA Site | Rock Photos | Saipan Photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonym View Post
    I considered the 7D when upgrading from my 350D but after a lot of research and talking to a few people that had more experience than me I was a bit unsure if my wife who also uses the camera and myself would be able to handle the 7D so I decided to go with a 50D and have not been dissapointed. I wasnt keen on the video capability of the 7D and the 50d was a lot cheaper and is a full size camera with most of the features found on the "pro" cameras. It is in runout now but it is still available at less than half the original rrp. and the wife loves it also.
    50D is not full size?? unless your talking about physical size, in which case it is still small compared to a "real" 1D or a gripped body...

M
    www.pbase.com/mcphotographics loooots of pictures!
    hmmm Eq list... 1D II, 5D II, 7D, 100-400 LIS F4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8L, 135 F2, 85 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 420EX, 580EX II x2 ST-E2 Cir polar filters and much much more all in a neat back pack that kills my back!

Adobe CS5
    Week 16 Sheep Winner
    If you have a question about car / action / sports photography or Canon Cameras PM me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i purchased the 7d a couple of months ago and are so far very impressed. im just an weekend hack, but ive found that using a custom white balance seems to have a very large impact on the outcome with this camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For XXD users, such as 400D, 450D, etc, stepping up the 7D can expose problems with technique. For most Canon users, with the exception of perhaps the 5DMkII and pro models, the 7D is a whole new ball game.

Some of the real pluses of the 7D include:
    • fast accurate autofocus using 19 autfocus points
    • larger (100%) viewfinder
    • pop-up flash offers wireless remote triggering of external flashes (a la Nikon)
    • video photography that is the envy of all other DSLRs

Whichever way you look at it the 7D is dollar-for-dollar one of Canon's best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be prepared to read/study how to set up the 7D for the type of photos you'll be taking.
    Like anything high tech it helps if you read the manual as my first shots were all crap ..... (thought I could just pick it up and figure it out but no ... not this camera) after I read the manual it all good
    I got my 7D for indoor ice hockey shots so for me the camera was a no brainer, it was an easy pick between the 50D and 7D.
    My brother brought the 50D for outdoor gokart racing shots and he loves it.
    It's all about what you will be mainly using it for.
    Canon 7D, 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought mine 2 days ago and am having heaps of fun with it.
    cheers Kerro
    I shoot with Canon cameras and Canon and Sigma lenses and now a Mavic Pro too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12