User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Latest rumours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah maybe they'll follow the lead with the 7D and go high MP's??

How's that lens going for you NAM?
    Living the dream...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully 16MP is the new 12MP for Nikon crop sensors If the D400? is 16MP & 2 stops cleaner than the D300, I don't think I will need another camera for a long time

Cheers
    Leigh
    Nikon D600, 24-70, 300 VR1 2.8, Tamron 60 f2 macro + Kenko tubes. SB800.

My Nikonians Gallery

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the 14+ MP is a certain and I still reckon much of the specs would at least rival or better the D300s.
    Seems like D7000 is the likely name for the D90 replacement so in the future we might have 3 consumer lines:
    D3000->D3100->D3200 etc.
    D5000->D5100->D5200 etc.
    D7000->D7100->D7200 etc.
    And my bet is now on that the D300s replacement will come in the form of a pro unibody config ala D2 series. The D7000 moves up a notch to close to the current D300 range.
    The D5000 series moves up to close to what D90 used to be.
    And that the Mirrorless Nikon would crossover at the D3100 range but with room for further higher models but without mirror.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Nikon D3100 ?? :

14 MP CMOS Sensor (23.2 x 15.5 mm)
    Live View
    3 inch Display
    100 – 12800 ISO
    ISO setting manual or automatic
    11 AF points
    full HD Video (1920 x 1080)
    price 650 €
    new EXPEED2 processor
    improved objects recognition for the AF control
    improved in-camera menu
    user can save picture profiles

Is this the D90 replacement?
    nope. the d3100 can only take lenses with built in motors. a d90 with this would be a backward step.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swifty, the news on the D5000 is that it is a dead end. An experimental stopgap to the entry market before the D3100 but not one they are likely to continue according to most people with the knowledge in the area.

Probably more likely:
    D3100
    D7000
    D300s -> Replacement most likely a D400 next year at a similar time to the D4 where they go is anybodies guess...Nikon never follows the rules.
    D700 ->Replacement
    D3x -> Probably will be retained for a little while, but at the moment D3s/D3x.
    D4 -> higher res sensor and good ISO...probably not to the Mp of the D3x though.

I dont see them continuing the D5000...just doesnt have a market....supposedly the D90 and D5000 are meant to be replaced by the 7000 (hence the medium number).
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebadir View Post
    Swifty, the news on the D5000 is that it is a dead end. An experimental stopgap to the entry market before the D3100 but not one they are likely to continue according to most people with the knowledge in the area.

Probably more likely:
    D3100
    D7000
    D300s -> Replacement most likely a D400 next year at a similar time to the D4 where they go is anybodies guess...Nikon never follows the rules.
    D700 ->Replacement
    D3x -> Probably will be retained for a little while, but at the moment D3s/D3x.
    D4 -> higher res sensor and good ISO...probably not to the Mp of the D3x though.

I dont see them continuing the D5000...just doesnt have a market....supposedly the D90 and D5000 are meant to be replaced by the 7000 (hence the medium number).
    Fair enough but of course all this is just rumours and opinions.
    Depending on how high the position the D90 replacement, I think there might be enough space for a D5000 replacement.
    Based on the supposed D7000 specs, its nudging the D300s and Canon 7D ranges which leaves a fair gap between it and the D3100. Since the lower end is where the volume sales are, I'd see Nikon trying to exploit that as much as possible. The big question mark is where the Nikon mirrorless will be positioned. As a parallel product to the APS-C line or positioned in between Coolpix and below DSLRs.
    Total speculation but I reckon the D300 replacement will have an integrated grip. I'm also gonna speculate on another FX camara (maybe D600?) priced a little below the current D700.

I also agree the D300s replacement will come with the D4 generation, IMO some time shortly after mid next yr.
    I would love to see a D700s in time for xmas this year (ie. D700 with the D3s sensor) and I think there's an equal proportion who would like the D700x instead (D700 with the D3x sensor). But since there's also rumours Nikon have moved to manufacture their own sensors and the shortage of D3s recently, my bet's on a D700s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard a rumor that Darren was starting a new poll tomorrow?
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What on earth are Nikon shooters going to do with a 16MP sensor?

Everyone knows that Nikon shooters have been telling us for years that you only need 12MP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough swiftly, will be interesting to see anyway.

Some other interesting talk about the releases for photokina on the 15th. Definitely looks like an SB600 replacement might be on the way. And another lens might be released as well...no idea what it will be.

In addition to the D7000, the new 200mm f/2 lens and the P7000, Nikon may announce a new Speedlight and a second lens before Photokina. I do not have any details, but the flash could be a replacement of the SB-600 (you probably remember those SB-600 being discontinued reports) but it could also be a replacement of the SB-400. I do not think that the SB-900 will be replaced, since it was announced 2 years ago (SB-400 and SB-600 were announced 6 years ago).

The second lens will be a tough guess. According to my initial list of expected lenses in 2010 from February, the choices are for a new DX zoom that will go with the new D7000, a new AF-S 35mm f/1.4 or the long expected 80-400mm replacement.

If Nikon announces 2 more lenses, this will bring the total lenses for 2010 to nine, which is a new record. There could also be another announcement after Photokina (around November/December).
    I reckon we are more likely to see a D700x...the iso performance it already has is outstanding....could also be a balance on the old sensor...the D3 sensor is basically used in the D700...so D3x sensor might make sense.
    Last edited by Xebadir; 27-08-2010 at 10:41pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the release of a D700s will require a better yield of D3s chips and to run out (or phase out) of the old D3 sensors. A D700x would indeed be a surprise.

We are more likely to see a D91, D7000 or D5100 next month with 14mp DX sensor, High Def Video and a stereo mic plug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think we have seen the last of tilt screens?
    Perhaps they were to expensive for Nikon to manufacture and repair?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt the D7000 is coming next month...its well known, high resolution just see above. We are spectulating on what happens by the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRoger View Post
    Do you think we have seen the last of tilt screens?
    Perhaps they were to expensive for Nikon to manufacture and repair?
    I hope not, I think they're extremely useful for shooting in difficult conditions, ie when you need to lift the camera above head height or below just about on the ground to properly frame a shot. I hate getting on my knees in the mud.

I have a C5050 and D5000 to use for those shots in particular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rightio. Looks like the second new lens has been revealed.

Supposedly its a 35mm F1.4G AFS.

So that brings the expected launch to now include:

D7000
    200mm F2 VRII
    35mm F1.4G AFS
    SB-650 (the SB-600 replacement flash...expectation is for an SB-600 performance with an SB900 interface).

The 35 might be interesting depending on the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    booya! i'm glad i stuck with nikon

now we just need a good price on the 35, and solid specs on the SB650

the 24 was very tempting, so if the new 35 shoots as nicely wide open and focuses as closely, it'll be a winner. i love the 35/2, and hope the new one is as small and compact as possible.
    Thanks,
    Nam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hanging for a fast 35 with top performance too. The 24 is a pricey beast and I'm hoping the 35 is somewhat more affordable!

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    What on earth are Nikon shooters going to do with a 16MP sensor?

Everyone knows that Nikon shooters have been telling us for years that you only need 12MP
    That's correct, but if they do release a 16Mp sensored FX camera and we want to buy a new camera, what are we to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    That's correct, but if they do release a 16Mp sensored FX camera and we want to buy a new camera, what are we to do?
    I'd prefer not to upgrade Mp count too but sometimes there is no choice

I'm more then happy with the resolution on my D300 - in fact i don't want more megapixels because that means upgrading my storage. I recently shot a wedding and my second shooter had a 5DMKII - he shot 32GB of images at the wedding with an average filesize of 25M. I much prefer my small files at 12Mb each!

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campo View Post
    I'd prefer not to upgrade Mp count too but sometimes there is no choice

I'm more then happy with the resolution on my D300 - in fact i don't want more megapixels because that means upgrading my storage. I recently shot a wedding and my second shooter had a 5DMKII - he shot 32GB of images at the wedding with an average filesize of 25M. I much prefer my small files at 12Mb each!
    LOL, yes the storage does become an issue, but of course, storage keeps becoming cheaper and cheaper and faster and faster.

Personally, I am happy with 12Mp too, but, if they bring out a 16Mp FX camera with the same or better noise than the D700, I may be tempted. The only issue I may have with the extra Mp is that the extra Mp starts to affect diffraction at smaller apertures and the way the D700 already renders an image is spot on in my books. It seems as though the D700 is at a sweet spot, but I am also prepared to be proven wrong!

Actually, I would like to have whatever they've done to D3s sensor put into the D700 as the extra high ISO ability would be nice. Some are quoting up to 1.5 stops better high ISO ability which is quite amazing!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, yes the storage does become an issue, but of course, storage keeps becoming cheaper and cheaper and faster and faster.
    Agree, I've lost count of how many external HDDs I've got!! As for fast, that last wedding we did totalled about 50GB of images all up. Even at the fastest read/write speeds of today, its takes time to do the initial backup before processing starts.

Actually, I would like to have whatever they've done to D3s sensor put into the D700 as the extra high ISO ability would be nice. Some are quoting up to 1.5 stops better high ISO ability which is quite amazing!!
    bingo - As much as I wanted the D700, after seeing the D3s high ISO performance, I can't see myself upgrading to D700 until the D3s technology filters down, or i save enough to upgrade to two D3s (as i can't stand shooting with two different bodies)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast