Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New nikon lenses announced.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Swifty, if you are referring to the Sigma, they haven't even hit the market yet. Sigma don't even have a RRP on their own website and the only prices on the net seem to put them ( speculatively ) at around the 1100 mark. Nobody has even so much as reviewed one (that I know of) but I am waiting to see what they stack up like when they are released.
    Sorry for the confusion. That was a reference to Dulvaripretige's post about the price being $1029 which I rounded to ~$1k.
    I'm just speculating that the Sigma version will be around $1500 AUD mark in my post. I know that there's little to no information about production samples of this lens but am just excited at the prospects of being spoilt for choice in the 85mm segment.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Nikkor 85

I so want this lens but I wonder how much better it is over the 1.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    And Nikon Australia wonder why people think they are backward.

A publicly available advertisement from http://www.nikon.com.au/productitem....381-25212782d6 saved as screen print a minute or 3 ago.

According to the Aussie mob it HAS vr.
    the sreen capture only mentions vr for the 55-300, or am i not seeing it?
    Successful People Make Adjustments - Evander Holyfield

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zollo, the screen cap is of the 85mm lens product page.

In their haste to get the info on the net someone managed to include data for the 55-300 lens, looks like someone got over enthusiastic with copying and pasting and then forgot to actually read that which they had published.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLWNHR View Post
    The 24-120 VR would make a great travel/walkaround/limited space kit on a D700. I've been thinking for quite some time there is a big hole in that focal range in the Nikon lineup. Now, hopefully it's as good as the Canon 24-105.
    Just so. If it is any good (and I'll lay Sydney to a brick that it's excellent) the new 24-120/4 fills a really significant gap in Nikon's lineup, and takes them one step closer to matching Canon all across the range. Make no mistake, this is a major release. If in doubt, look at the very large number of Canon shooters here who list the equivalent 24-105/4 L IS in their sig, and ask them how much they use it. (Ans: lots!)
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    If in doubt, look at the very large number of Canon shooters here who list the equivalent 24-105/4 L IS in their sig, and ask them how much they use it. (Ans: lots!)
    My point exactly.

My girlfriend and I will be going on an OS trip in the next 12-18 months and this lens would make a perfect kit on the D700 that will be arriving soon. It will be no substitute for my staple 10-20, 24-70, 70-200 kit, but as a walkaround package I can't wait!
    Adam.

AGSPhotos.com

Using Nikon & PS CS5.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam, after seeing shots + 100% crops from the new 28-300 as wide open as it gets at both ends of the focal length range ( NOT Nikon advertising photos ) it is also one heck of a good looking "cheap" walk around all in one zoom as well.

Not really my cup of tea in lenses but it does look impressive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12