Thread: Cheep prints

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and do you calibrate your monitor ?

looks like a classic example of expecting your monitor to be exact, when its highly likely to need calibrating.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your saying my monitor and Big W monitor (Look the same) both need calibrating to suit the calibration of the Fuji equipment they use. Did I say where I get my Images printed normally do at least print the same as they look on my monitor so tell me who's needs calibrating mine Big W my usual printers or the printing equipment at Big W.
    OK so lets shoot the messenger sorry I said anything I must be a knob I'll go and slide under a rock.
    Thanks Steve
    Winer of the sheep week 2 + 6
    www.atkimages.com.au "If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough," ROBERT CAPA"
    Tokina 16-28 f2.8 PRO FX,Sigma 500 4.5 Ex DG, Canon 5D Mii, Canon 7D, Canon 2x converter,Canon 70-200 2.8 L,
    Sigma 120-300 2.8 EX, Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX, Canon 1.4x converter, Canon 580 ex 2 speed light
    And two canon kit Lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atky View Post
    So your saying my monitor and Big W monitor (Look the same) both need calibrating to suit the calibration of the Fuji equipment they use. Did I say where I get my Images printed normally do at least print the same as they look on my monitor so tell me who's needs calibrating mine Big W my usual printers or the printing equipment at Big W.
    OK so lets shoot the messenger sorry I said anything I must be a knob I'll go and slide under a rock.

Hang on a minute, I simply suggested that a reason was that your monitor might not be calibrated !

Why take this attitude ?

Yes it is entirely possible that the Big W/Fuji system is not calibrated - thats another very possible option. Local users of Fuji systems dont always understand why they should calibrate regularly. I use a Harve Norman place that can regularly print brilliant 6 x 4's but ask them to print different sizes and because they havent set up their paper profiles correctly there is a considerable difference between the image densities between the different size prints

And no you didnt say where you got your images normally printed - so how would I know that ?

I cant see where offering a response means you react like that ! I wont bother again.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshots View Post
    Hang on a minute, I simply suggested that a reason was that your monitor might not be calibrated !

Why take this attitude ?

Yes it is entirely possible that the Big W/Fuji system is not calibrated - thats another very possible option. Local users of Fuji systems dont always understand why they should calibrate regularly. I use a Harve Norman place that can regularly print brilliant 6 x 4's but ask them to print different sizes and because they havent set up their paper profiles correctly there is a considerable difference between the image densities between the different size prints

And no you didnt say where you got your images normally printed - so how would I know that ?

I cant see where offering a response means you react like that ! I wont bother again.
    My response may well seem wrong but read yours and see how it sounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My response may well seem wrong but read yours and see how it sounds.
    Yep read mine again - here let me repeat what I said, because its a fairly logical response and the most obvious question. Cant for the life of me how it can be read any other way.

and do you calibrate your monitor ?

looks like a classic example of expecting your monitor to be exact, when its highly likely to need calibrating.
    I have no problem with helping you seek a solution. There's no case of shooting the messenger. Hey, I could be quite wrong. You have a problem, and to find a solution to the problem its logical to seek out what is or isnt being done in the digital to print work flow.

So first and most obvious question which you took such offence at - do you calibrate your monitor ?

And FYI, if you want more help on this you can get some good assistance at - www.apdig.com
    The Australian Photographic Digital Imaging Guidelines

which I'm coauthor of

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep read mine again - here let me repeat what I said, because its a fairly logical response and the most obvious question. Cant for the life of me how it can be read any other way.

I have no problem with helping you seek a solution. There's no case of shooting the messenger. Hey, I could be quite wrong. You have a problem, and to find a solution to the problem its logical to seek out what is or isnt being done in the digital to print work flow.

So first and most obvious question which you took such offence at - do you calibrate your monitor ?

And FYI, if you want more help on this you can get some good assistance at - www.apdig.com
    The Australian Photographic Digital Imaging Guidelines which I'm coauthor of
    Thanks for the advice.
    I may of read more into your response than was intended.
    I get acceptable results from Roll On in Colonnades. I just for the sake of knowing I was getting good value thought I would try Big W Colonnades, they both use Fuji. I was not necessarily asking for help I was just trying to point out the difference ore variation that can exist between different printers and the danger of supplying digital images to customers.
    I also can spend some time PP Images so would not ask a machine to make some adjustments to what I have already adjusted.
    Last edited by atky; 15-08-2010 at 8:59pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whilst I get what you are saying in both your posts, William's question is an entirely valid one, and I don't think he was shooting the messenger, rather asking the question, is your monitor calibrated?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography