Thread: which agreement ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    when you say out of context, it was purported to be a standard wedding contract.

Yeah Kiwi, but you only quote a small few words of it

So its most definitely out of context, mate.

You said this

I think I got this off the AIPP smaple contracts, but, Id have to check as it was awhile ago

After you had posted this

" MODEL RELEASE. The CLIENT hereby grants to x and successors, heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, attorneys, representatives and agents, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of the CLIENT or in which the CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner or medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same.
    Which btw, is not from AIPP as its an american wording (note the word "attorneys", and the american system of copyright), and it definitely does not cover weddings - as its clearly a "model release". Sure you can get this signed as well as the wedding contract, but it wont be valid if there isnt a suitable term in the wedding contract. Oh and you've left an important part of the Model Release, that part about why they would sign it - "For considerable........" - so again, out of context.
    "

Here is a typical Model Release that I've used:
    For valuable consideration which I have received, I grant William Long/Longshots Photography and his agents and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right and permission to use or alter any photographic images of me, or in which I may be included in any media now or hereafter known for any other purpose whatsoever.
    I hereby release the Photographer and his agents and assigns from all claims and liability relating to the use of the said photographs.
    Which means that they get something for signing the release.

You did say that it was from the AIPP - which its not. So if you're going to say its from AIPP, then a) you need to say exactly where from, and b) you need to include all the other parts for it to make sense I'm afraid, and c) even what you quoted does not include selling it to a 3rd party for commercial purposes.

And BTW, something else I didnt really think of, but I'm reasonably sure that this would be deemed unethical if a photographer sold on images from a wedding, for commercial (ie advertising/promotional) purposes. You might like to read the excellent AIPP wedding contract - which has been checked legally, so I'm told.
    Last edited by Longshots; 28-06-2010 at 6:30pm.