User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pelican dry case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend bought few pelican copies from states. They apparently came without foam and were only available in black but they did had moisture seal and pressure release valve thingy.

I will ask him for company details.

Cheers

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaini View Post
    My friend bought few pelican copies from states. They apparently came without foam and were only available in black but they did had moisture seal and pressure release valve thingy.

Cheers
    Thanks for the help will look online for good deals
    Dwarak Calayampundi

Canon 5D Mark II, 7 D Lens Canon 24-105mm L Canon 16-35mm II L Canon 100mm Sigma 10-20mm Canon 50mm 1.8
    http://www.wix.com/dwarak/landscapes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys this is my first post and had to add my thoughts, i own 2 pelican cases, the 1450 that holds my camera and lenses when out on the water or being strapped to a quad bike or hugglands (im in Antarctica for work) and a 1560 that hold all my gear, laptop, hdd and lots more and even has wheels on it so it can be moved like a suitcase. i can recommend them enuf. they are built very well with weather seals and pressure compensating valves. pelican say that you can submerge the cases up to a meter and water wont leak in! tho i wont be keen on testing it out. I will say as mentioned above the pluck and pull fome is crap and the only let down of this case. pelican do also sell moisture tins that absorb moisture and can be dryed out in an oven tho i have never seen one myself. I got mine from ebay (coast to coast safety is the ebay store) sent from the USA and cost me $160 shipped. Our strong $$$ means there isnt much point in getting a knock off not when pelican give an unconditional life time warranty on the cases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a Pelican 1550, it arrived yesterday. It's "Tonka Tough" Not all that impressed with the foam, but it will do the job for now. I'm only using it as storgae case at home anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinchrome do a watertight hardcase, with pressure relief valve. They look and feel identical to the Pelican cases i have seen are around half the price from what i remember. I have all my old Ricoh/Pentax film gear in one
    Nikon D70s, Tamron 18 - 200mm kit lens, Tokina 80 - 400 ATX, Nikon Nikkor 50mm, SB-600, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod, Gitzo Monopod, No-name tripod (dads old one that i stole for my flash)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the 1440, 1600 and the 1650.

1440 = Holds most gear/lens and I have the dividers. It is on wheels and is an awesome case. I would like a little wider base though. It can be a little top heavy.

1600 = Holds general bits and pieces as well

1650 = Everything to do with lights and backgrounds, clamps etc...

I had ordered the dividers through Ebay but they could not post them for the big one. So I canceled it. I would prefer the dividers rather than the foam.

I do not take it everywhere of course, but if I am doing a trip I know everything is secured and protected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Our strong $$$ means there isnt much point in getting a knock off not when pelican give an unconditional life time warranty on the cases
    Just remember that "the above guarantee does not cover sharkbite, bear attack or children under 5" straight from the instruction sheet!

I own 1610 for all my gear and a 1450 to carry remote set up. Had a Storm case but had to return due to the lid bowing like a banana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaini View Post

Cheers
    Sorry for late reply. I spoke to my friend and he showed me the website. It can be accessed here. Apparently these guys also manufacture Lights, Cases, Knives, Hangers, Custom High density Foams, Steel plates (used to convert a case into a fold able console panel) and other stuff too.

He got the cases from US directly buy website lists few distributors in Australia.

Hope i helped someone.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah im one for the bunnings cases i paid 69$ compared to the 300+ for a pelican case not 100% water proof but i dont need that atm. they do a good job have had a few heavy knocks and no damage to case or get inside
    |Gear|Canon 5D MkII + Grip |Canon 7D + Grip |Canon 580EXII x 3|Canon EF Fisheye 15mm F/2.8 |Canon EF 16-35mm F/2.8L Mk II | |Canon EF 400mm F/5.6L |Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS |Canon EF 24-105mm F/4 L IS |Canon EF 100mm F/2.8 Macro |Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 MK II |Sekonic L-358 Lightmeter |Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod + 322RC2 Head |Manfrotto 628B Monopod | Wireless Remote Flash Trigger PT-04 CN & 5 Receivers| Plus Too Much More (Filters Ect)
    Chris | http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119829358036800 | http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisprendergast |

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys I found this nice dry cabinet from singapore with a digital meter and it is cheap

http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=272

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisprendergast View Post
    yeah im one for the bunnings cases i paid 69$ compared to the 300+ for a pelican case not 100% water proof but i dont need that atm. they do a good job have had a few heavy knocks and no damage to case or get inside
    Unfortunately, the Bunnings cases were a once-off lot purchase and are long gone.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinchrome - Bunnings

Bunnings currently have 2 versions of the Kinchrome case - $55 & $75, the larger is 430x380x154.

If anyone is interested.
    Regards
    Kevin

Nikon D500 D7200. nikkor 200-500 f5.6, Tamron 100-400, Nikkor 70-200 f4 plus other glass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevpride/

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevPride View Post
    Bunnings currently have 2 versions of the Kinchrome case - $55 & $75, the larger is 430x380x154.

If anyone is interested.
    The larger one would be just right if my local Bunnykins has them. That's a good price too.

Will check them out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought happily from

www.silicagel.com.au

he is based on the Gold Coast
    K7, Pentax DA35Ltd, DA70Ltd, DA18-55WR, DA50-200WR, SMC-K 400f5.6; Sigma 8-16mm; Super TakumarM42 20f4.5, 24f3.5, 28f3.5, 35f3.5, 55f1.8, 135f3.5, SMC 200f4, SMC 85-210f4.5

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
    I have bought happily from

www.silicagel.com.au

he is based on the Gold Coast
    Thats where mine came from.

BTW, just picked up a $75 Kincrome Safe Case from Bunnings. Got mine from Kirrawee and they only had 3 left. None of the smaller size but I think the 430 x 380 x 153mm size is spot on for my Olympus MFT camera and collection of old manual lenses.

Great value. Now to do some foam plucking.
    Last edited by peterb666; 31-05-2010 at 6:58pm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12