Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A royal pain in the bum!
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it all sounded rosy until about now(with very minor obstacles along the way).. now it delves into the impossibly stupid !!

Hey! remember that small piece of litter I mentioned wayyy back in about post number 2!!

cloning and healing out things in CNX is not for the faint hearted.
    It's not for the mathematically brilliant super elite computer programmer either!

it's the best example of Chaos Theory ever devised by human kind, and not only proves it exists... but actually started it the annoying trait!

Clone at your peril. And I'm not referring to cloning out massive huge context aware elements. I'm talking about a 2 pixel dust spot. No matter how hard you try, that 2pixel dust spot is either going to:

blend in perfectly with a 4pixel dab of bandaid.

or.... turn into a 4000pixel extraterrestrial network of valleys and extinct watercourses.. and probably red!
    They must definitely come from our distant neighbour when they do, because one moment they not there, the next they are.. it's pot luck, and if you get two consistent answers in succession get yourself a lottery ticket before your luck runs out.

I wanted to post a screencap of a clone touchup but it;s just top damned embarrassing sometimes!..

so onto using some external filters..

No! ok. I'll weather the barrage of ridicule in having to put up with clonging in CNX.

it's not called cloning. nup! it's called CLONGING.. with a G. When you apply it you can hear the clonging of some pc parts... probably some RAM transistor banging their virtual heads against the heat sink(my RAM has heat sinks! :th3).. trying to figure out why this instructor(CNX) is asking them to place a shoe next to the girls eye. But there is no shoe there! they all think, and yet the instructor is adamant that the operator wants a shoe next tothe girls eye in this particular image, even though there was only a small black 2pixel bunny there to begin with. And the poor little RAMites just.. band their little heads because its not a full blown BSOD they have to put into effect! No! they're nto allowed even that luxury! they have to toil away like all those poor adobe users and try to figure out a way to stop the operator form ripping out their heats and stomping on them with steelcaps!
    (not that I would ever do that...........in my sheepskin mocco's!)

Ok.. here's the embarrass.. I mean image..

\

OK! nuff said! all done and good night!

err.. well. it wasn't a too bad effort, but for a 10pixel wide and maybe 30pixel spread, the first attempt as you can see is pretty woeful.
    You would expect for the artificial intelligence part of the tool to figure out some of the local area and apply something appropriate.
    To be honest I was expecting more of the girls eye!
    Whadday mean what girls eye!?
    Isn't it obvious.. the girls eye of the girl I took a photo of back in 1983 with my holga!

That;s how bad it can be. it introduces random elements that have no bearing on the surrounding part of the cloned area!
    the pinkish highlight is kind of trying to replicate what the tool actually looks like. a pink worm. There is no selection/sample area like you get in PS/LR to work from. Your only choice is size..... or panadol
    From there, Nik does the rest, and you have to wonder what they were smoking!
    I reckon it'd have been much simpler to program a totally basic stamping tool, rather than some convoluted intelligent content aware fil tool.

That's what this is supposed to be, except that it wants to fill in parts of an image being edited with CS5 by a anti government operative in Turkmenistan.. and he hasn't even got net connection?

I think Adobe learned a lot from this disastrous attempt at Content Aware Fill!

So this image shows some inappropriate smooth grey mass being used to fill in a rough grey area in this image not an issue, but in many cases it usually is. So I've learnt to clean my camera more thoroughly, or justify dust bunnies as some as artyfarty and yet undiscovered original idea, with some gaussian blur for effect

but sometimes if you persevere a little!

so you're probably thinking that this now doesn't look to bad! I can assure you it's freaking awesome!

but of course I always knew that'd happen.. CNX cloning is so cool....

..../6 some normal type processing
    Last edited by arthurking83; 29-05-2010 at 7:30pm.