Thread: eBay Experience

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfys Kingdom View Post
    Ebay's live help said to me when a buyer bought my item who is in the US and I stated in several places in my auction that I was only posting within Australia that "they have entered into a contract with you by buying the item and you are still obliged to sell it to them".

The reason I was on live help to begin with was that he wanted the item (which was worth $850) sent to his friend in Zimbabwe as a "gift". It was a very suspicious transaction and the person bidding only had 1 feedback from several years ago!

I was very annoyed that ebay claimed you still have to send the item regardless yet allow you in your add to state where you will send it to!

I dont know if this is one of their terms somewhere, or whether the person on live help didnt know their job, but I wont be selling on there again.

Hey the same thing happened to me except the so called guy from US asked me to send it to his son in zimbabwie and was willing to pay me $400 postage and another $600 dollars for my sony ericsson w800i $190 phone and he wanted me to send him a Birthday card as well . It was too good to be true and alarm bells rung. I contacted live help and they sent me a message saying not to send it to these countries and that they have hackers stealing names and passwords from other legit sellers I didn't contact the buyer I only filled in a complaint form and they dismissed the guys bid. I just got put off from selling it. But I still buy things from sellers on ebay.
    Last edited by wiggles; 25-04-2010 at 11:34am.
    Canon 50D
    Canon 50mm f1.4
    Sigma 10-20mm
    Canon 100-400mm
    Canon 100mm f2
    www.kylieknightphotography.com