Thank you very much for a very informative Sunday morning 'educational' Arthur.

Your description of lightroom reminds me of how European automotive makers can put together a very comfortable and functional car interior and send the vehicle down under where they work quite well in our driving conditions but then totally fail to see the need to complete the rhd conversion by leaving the windscreen wiper switch on the rh side of the steering column and the indicators on the left!!!!!

I haven't tried lightroom and after that little read I don't have any burning desire to baffle myself further trying to become familiar with yet another piece of software. Having persevered with several versions and updates of NX, I think I will continue using it and enjoying the relatively simple style of editing that it provides with the occasional frequent hourly prayer to the software development gods to incorporate a simple accurate resizing tool that you so rightly highlight is missing. I also frequently think about offering copious animal sacrifices (you should be able to supply a chook or 10 for the cause) to the afore mentioned software development gods in return for an effective clone tool and surely a minor rework of the program to stop it consuming 1.8 gb of ram (typical) whilst editing nef files.