Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i-Mac users out there:::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

another question which might fit in here....

i am using a white Macbook 2Ghz.

When I use these calibrating pictures and schemes suggested to adjust the monitor, it makes the biggest difference from what angle i look at the screen.

Means if the monitor is slighly more tilted or i am sitting on a higher chair it changes....

Pretty much impossible like that to calibrate the monitor....isn't it?

Any ideas on that?

Cheers,

Mirc
    Constructive criticism is most welcome!!!

Canon 40D, 100-300 5.6 L
    Sigma 17-70
    Manfrotto Tripod

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1titan View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys and gals.
    Advice taken, my friend has given my a Huey calibrator so i hope to set it up soon.
    I was actually gonna buy one of the Spyder 3 calibrators but i hardly print so i'm hoping it will do for now.

Calx, i've turned down the brightness of my screen slightly since you mentioned it could be done easily, thx!!

On another i-Mac note;
    I've just posted a few photos and it seems that its appearing oversharpened

If you're an i-Mac user can you please view this thread an let me know if you too feel its oversharpened and by how much...

also, does native resolution affect the web sharpness cos now i dont see jaggies on some web photos which was obvious previously??
    That is a beautiful image, for sharpening try using the smart sharpen keeping the radius to about 0.4-5, I have found that this is effective but 'softer' than unsharp mask, if you get halos, go to EDIT 'fade sharpening' this will get rid on any that have appeared, I tend to check an image on both the iMac monitor and the ViewSonic, the other day an image looked perfect (!) on the VS but had a lot of noise viewed on the iMac!
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mircula View Post
    Hello,

another question which might fit in here....

i am using a white Macbook 2Ghz.

When I use these calibrating pictures and schemes suggested to adjust the monitor, it makes the biggest difference from what angle i look at the screen.

Means if the monitor is slighly more tilted or i am sitting on a higher chair it changes....

Pretty much impossible like that to calibrate the monitor....isn't it?

Any ideas on that?

Cheers,

Mirc
    Hi Mirc
    I assume it would be best to calibrate with the monitor perpendicular to your eye level.
    I guess this is more a problem with macbooks as i use a notebook at work and the monitor tilt angle can affect the contrast/brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdesign View Post
    That is a beautiful image, for sharpening try using the smart sharpen keeping the radius to about 0.4-5, I have found that this is effective but 'softer' than unsharp mask, if you get halos, go to EDIT 'fade sharpening' this will get rid on any that have appeared, I tend to check an image on both the iMac monitor and the ViewSonic, the other day an image looked perfect (!) on the VS but had a lot of noise viewed on the iMac!
    I've since gotten used to the monitor and resolution and have sort of gauged a balance to the amount of sharpening to apply for web use.
    I will have to take a look at the fade sharpening feature you have mentioned
    I can understand what you mean by images looking somewhat different due to the display, the iMac has a higher native resolution so any imperfections seem to be more pronounced...

Quote Originally Posted by Calxoddity View Post
    okay - as a quick check, you should be using Gamma 2.2 and around 6500K. Without a printer to test the validity of the calibration, we can only speculate for the moment.

Or... Plan B - post a photo that you believe is too yellowish under the Huey profile, and let us view and give an opinion. Using the Huey profile, adjust the pikkie to look right for you. Then, using the standard profile, correct for best appearance also, and post both.

Regards,
    Calx
    Unfortunately Huey doesnt have a color temp feature or a gamma to choose...its quite a basic calibrator a friend has given me for free...perhaps i need something more advanced.
    Although i dont like to speculate, it does seem that the calibrator is out
    Last edited by R1titan; 10-02-2010 at 2:14pm.
    Canon User

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love my imac, had since late nov dropped the brigtness about 3 notches and LOVE IT,
    now if only i knew how to drive it and BAN iphoto stealing all my photos!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    love my imac, had since late nov dropped the brigtness about 3 notches and LOVE IT,
    now if only i knew how to drive it and BAN iphoto stealing all my photos!
    ........ change this in iPhoto preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    legend! its playing nicely again now (insert stupid look that says why didnt i think of that! )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12