Thread: Is this what I need ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick addition to this thread, Bax is correct, the little red lights only flick on and off on both the receiver and transmitter when either the "test button" is pressed or the transmitter is fired through the hot shoe.

I have 2 transmitters and 2 receivers, but only for use on monoblocs and both operate the same way. I have just finished using them and thought I would include a couple of shots showing the switch configuration I use. Darren, if you have the channels set the same and then press the test button both red lights should flash on and off quickly, if the receiver isn't doing that then it only leaves a few options,

#1 It isn't switched on.
    #2 The batteries are in the wrong way round.
    #3 It is faulty.

I hope it something simple mate, start at the beginning again and track it down.

Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Darren, if you have the channels set the same and then press the test button both red lights should flash on and off quickly, if the receiver isn't doing that then it only leaves a few options,

#1 It isn't switched on.
    #2 The batteries are in the wrong way round.
    #3 It is faulty.
    thanks Andrew ,, its definitely a process of elimination from here .. ill have a good play when I get home and work my way though it.

1. Sounds silly but easily done. I check and rechecked this bit and the receiver was definitely on.
    2. Again, checked and rechecked batteries.
    3. Worst case, maybe it is

First of all, ill concentrate on getting a signal from one to the other and then worry about the connection from the flash .. stay tuned
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 24-02-2009 at 12:33pm.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk