User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Elf Queen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elf Queen

Firstly, I re-read the forum rules before posting this and I think it is OK in this section. I have substituted the sky using an ON1 Photo RAW stock sky. It is not copyrighted, but obviously it is not my own work.

This shot was taken at the Blacktown Medieval Fayre yesterday. This one has drawn me down the editing and manipulation rabbit hole. I wanted a fantasy vibe and the background suited.

When I have shot some skies, preferably sunsets, I will re-do this one with my own substituted sky.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like a good project, Ross.

As for your reasons for not posting it in the CC forums, you needn't worry in this case.

All you have to do is disclose and acknowledge the source of the sky BG. Most of the pic
    is your original work, and the substitution process is also your work. Here is the relevant
    part of Rule 20:
    "If any elements of the photo are not copyright to the member, this must be disclosed at the time
    of posting. Any element added must be copyright free. This applies to using ‘stock’ elements, or similar,
    in a photo. Failure to disclose that your photograph includes elements that are not your own original
    work will be deemed to be a copyright breach."
    For competitions, all elements of the pic must be your own.

As soon as you do that I will shift it into (perhaps) the Photo Manip forum.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 19-05-2024 at 5:23pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.