Good day Ameerat, Gazza,

Thank you, I have probably relied on the auto ISO far too much. I have used as much of the lens aperture as I could and let ISO take care of the rest. I can't remember why now, the result has shown itself though.

I had a brief look at Wikipedia and will look more closely this arvo. I use the rule of 11 in my lunar photos. The surprising thing is I see the moon image on the screen and in the view finder as the settings change.

The photos in my post are distilled from RAW via Canon software then resized to place on Aust. Photography. I don't shoot JPG a lot these days, I tend to use it for a bit of sorting. RAW images are either circa 45MB Canon Raw or 23MB for RAW. Plenty of room to move. I will check LR's treatment of the RAW images.

Gazza, I use manual for most of my pics. I do use BBF, probably worth becoming better friends with my viewfinder particularly with light changes. That would give me feed back on what is going on. The exposure lock must very useful. Certainly happy to try aperture priority.

I am fortunate to live about three quarters of a K from a river which hosts pelicans, herons and egrets. No shortage of white birds, I need to go down and check the setting functions,

Many thanks and kind regards,
Deenis