Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
A couple of other points:
1) Isn't there a mirrorless NIkon that does 4K? (Yes, I'd guess dearer, but later, and possibly able to use your current lenses.)
2) I have an (now old) Samsung Galaxy S5 that does 4K video up to 30p (from memory). I only tried it once, and had to use
the limited internal memory because I didn't have a fast enough SD card. It was jittery on the (slow) card, and not noticeably
better than similar 1080p video, both of which I sent to a Sony 4K TV. It may have been because of the the small sensor size.
3) A good 1080p feed looks great on a (good) 4K TV, as do even the 1080i feeds from the HD TV channels*.

I'm not saying don't go 4K video, but that there might be better ways.

* Because 4K TVs can usually do a very good upscaling job on those feeds.
Thanks for the info. Nikon changed the mount for mirrorless, so I would still need an adapter. At least the adapter would work well. I've been warned that adapters for different mirrorless lens brands don't always deliver good AF performance. Yes, Nikon came to mirrorless more recently and so are more expensive.

I do wish I had bought a better mobile phone, not that long ago, with a better camera. After all, that is the camera I always carry. Doh!

I originally was looking at both 1080 and 4K models and being guided by price, but then got drawn in to the capture stills from video capability and apparently 4K is an enabler. The fellow I bought my Nikon D7000 from, had bought the new camera with that in mind.

Yes, the Amazon sale tends to discount old products and their house brands the most. Typical.