Thread: Camera Upgrade Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I've got home and decided to take some test shots with the Nikkor DX AF-S 35mm f/1.8G.

I did the test in "pairs" - basically setting the auto focus and then doing a shot in "auto" mode and then one in "Portrait" mode. I did notice that if I changed the auto-focus settings in menu, they changed automatically when I changed to Portrait, so I had to remember to change to portrait first and then go back into the menu and change the auto-focus settings. For most shots, the auto focus points were on her body but with the single point focus, I aimed the red square at her face, half held the shutter, adjusted the shot and completed the shutter press.

Hopefully this all makes sense. In the menu, I set the A2 menu item to "Normal Zone". rather than "Wide Zone". Also in the top LCD screen, it's set to AF-A.

Photo 1 - Menu item A1 (AF-Area mode) set to Auto Area. Menu Dial set to Auto.

1aa.jpg

1aa_1.jpg

Photo 2 - Menu item A1 (AF-Area mode) set to Auto Area. Menu Dial set to Portrait.

1ba.jpg

1ba_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Photo 3 - Menu item A1 (AF-Area mode) set to Dynamic. Menu Dial set to Auto.

Attachment 139561

Attachment 139562

Photo 4 - Menu item A1 (AF-Area mode) set to Dynamic. Menu Dial set to Portrait.

Attachment 139563

Attachment 139564

- - - Updated - - -

Photo 5 - Menu item A1 (AF-Area mode) set to Single Point. Menu Dial set to Auto.

3aa.jpg

Attachment 139566

Photo 6 - Menu item A1 (AF-Area mode) set to Single Point. Menu Dial set to Portrait.

Attachment 139568

Attachment 139569
    Last edited by MadMax1412; 13-05-2019 at 5:22pm.