Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post

.... Long on promises, short on detail, and often product. Windows 9, anyone?
I'm more than happy knowing the likes of a Windows 9 never saw the light of day, and that instead we got Windows 10!
if Windows 9 was a lesser experience than Windows 10, and more importantly the same as Windows 8/8.1 .. I'd never have switched.

Once again, I'm pretty sure that the world expects that the Nikon mirrorless camera isn't going to be vapourware.

the definition of 'Vapourware' is a product that promised much, but never got released. (ie. never saw the light of day)
Nikon haven't really promised all that much as far I've read so far.

If they(Nikon) believe that they have a 'speed advantage' of some type .. why is that to be considered marketing guff?
Without knowing the specs, we can only take Nikon on it's word that there is going to be a speed advantage of some type.
Unless anyone knows the specifics of the camera and can say with absolute certainty that there is none .. then the arguments put forward so far are meaningless.

What if it transpires after the product is released, that there is no marketing hype, and this new product does indeed have a speed advantage of some type over it's current competitors.
Wouldn't you expect your company's marketing department to seize on that advantage and tease bits of this info prior to the official announcement?

I think there's a bit too much derogatory sentiment here considering the lack of any actual specs or product details made.

If Nikon hadn't used this type of marketing strategy for this new high end mirrorless product, I for one(with no knowledge, and no interest as yet, myself) would have been disappointed in Nikon.
The assumption I'd have made would be that Nikon have totally abandoned the idea of marketing altogether.
For their own sake this strategy is not only expected .. in a way it's demanded nowadays.

I think your comments have been a bit harsh.

As stated already(Swifty post #17 above) .. revisit the thread on or about Aug 23rd, once the hardware is out there and more is known about it .. then feel free to make harsh and/or critical comments.