Thread: Mega pixels

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just a hobbyist, I try mt hand at a bit of everything, I like to dabble a bit in astrophotography, and almost enjoy getting frustrated by those stupid winged creatures that hide behind leaves until you take your finger off the shutter or untill you glance away before they do a merry dance and look straight at the camera and fly away before you can get your finger back in position, I also enjoy buildings and aircraft, but my biggest passion, if I have one, is documenting my travels I do a lot of cruises and a few land based holidays and really love to get good pictures of where I have been, I try to carry the lightest possible, to the point where I recently purchased an Olympus OMD EM10 Mark 3, which was pretty good, but they better lenses for reach are expensive, I often find my self snapping shots of faraway things from the ship and need to crop but my 150 - 500mm sigma is just too big to travel with, so I figure if I get better resolution and a faster lens perhaps the cropping would not be so punishing.
    Currently I travel with my Nikon D7000 and a Nikkor 18 - 300mm f/3.5 -5.6 for general purpose, a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 for low light and a Sigma 10 - 20mm f/3.5 for interior.
    I am debating between a nikon D7200 with my current lenses or micro 4/3 Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 2 with a 12 - 100mm f/4 and a panasonic 100 - 400mm f/4.8 - 6.3.
    Of course I will never win lotto so probably will stick with the Nikon D7000 and my Current lenses and perhaps a faster all purpose lens
    Peter

PS
    My wife is enjoying her Anniversary present (Olympus OMD EM10 MARK 3 with 14 - 150mm lens
    Last edited by poider; 12-05-2018 at 2:34pm.