Just an update:
I am moving to 2 x 3Tb drives USB 3 external drives (2 x TB drives almost full). I syncback tool suggested is proving to be excellent.
I have setup scheduled tasks to cover off:
1. Scheduled Mirror - documents etc as I store all tax needed documents, warranties etc electronically.
2. Scheduled Backup - Mail data store (only caveat here is I need to ensure I close my mail when done )
3. Scheduled Mirror - What I called archived photo - these are my old photos included scanned photos from over the yrs from old photo albums - rarely if ever change
4. Scheduled Mirror - All my photography set since I started dabbling in photography
5. Manual Mirror - a manual task I use to do the first copy for mirror of newly uploaded photo's after cull and edit etc
6. A cloud storage device to auto sync to my cloud acct which will have a schedule backup done from the slected folder on my mirror set - storage device undecided as yet but most vendors have their own solution

After doing an initial analysis I am considering an upload of my must keep photos to cloud stoage. These will be a groups of photos from each photo set (possible only one or two in cases) of photos that are absolute keepers. The photos I have edited and printed etc that I must absolutely keep a copy of including the RAW original. I am sure we all store a whole load of photos at each shoot that never get edited. I am pretty aggressive with my culling to keep numbers down but if I lost my photos (house firs - theft etc) looking a lot of these would be less painful as long as I had my absolute keepers and original RAW from each set.

Taking away the cost of new mirror drives that I would purchase anyways I dont see the update to this new model being that expensive albeit I havent priced the cloud storage solution yet.

Happy to hear thoughts on this setup model