Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
I'm not sure why you would be so upset by a camera that a) you have never tried, and b) you have no use for. Seems odd to me.

I think this is where people assume misconceived notions about comments made, which then degenerates a simple discussion into a farce(ie. that other thread)

Where did I say I was upset about the Sony(in particular) or even implied it.
Note the smiley icon is a sleeping type .. with ZZZs emanating.

With that, I'd have thought the implied emotional state is .. BORRRED! ie. ho hum. rolled eyes .. etc.

A little disappointed(as already stated) with the D300 and 105VR, and annoyed by the overly complicated '10 button operation' of the flash.

Now I'm thinking about starting a thread on implied psychological states ..
(note that the tongue poking smiley = I'm not serious about that last comment!!)

ps. with respect to the camera that I have (a'ed) nor Have (b) for .. those two aspects are easily altered to suit the situation.
The un-stated c) cannot afford! ... is the more pertinent situation for me. But not upset about any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
...I would imagine that sports photographers could get great value from it.
Same here! of that I have no doubt. and note that I am being serious here too .. no poking fun, or sarcasm .. nothing!.. just plain 'ol seriousness.
Reason is: most sports photographers (apparently) shoot jpg. So my comments re Eshutter and the consequential loss of tonal range is pretty much a non issues for those types of photographers.
If Sony bring to market the long lenses those shooter require(on the whole) .. then as noted in many discussions about it .. it'll a major dent into that field.