Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
Well sorry, it was poor reporting, typical social media jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts. On Fred Miranda forums, one member there knew one of the photogs that was invited and the reason many of the women photogs didn't go was because partners weren't invited and thus the women declined to go. Unfortunately, the thread was pulled because Fred Miranda forums forbids politically driven threads. The fact of the matter is, you don't know why the women invited didn't turn up and it was obviously out of Nikon's control. The point is, these media outlets are trying to play this for all it's worth TO GET HITS and thus get the gullible social justice warriors to make comment and inflame an otherwise innocent situation. Typical gutter press and social media garbage.

Welcome to the new form of totalitarianism, the "moral crusaders" who peruse the internet etc, like the Brownshirts of Nazi Germany or the NKVD of Russia under Stalin, making sure that you think the way that they want you to. Otherwise wear the wrath of those that believe they are the only ones who have the "right morals" and use bullying tactics to get their way and scare those that disagree into submission. So hypocritical.

Yes, a marketing blunder for sure, but we now know that women were invited but couldn't or didn't want to go. They may have decided to do some paid work instead, whereas the men saw an opportunity to have a free lunch and get their photo "out there" for free publicity. They could then say to their clients, "Hey, I was invited to the Nikon D850 launch, I must be a good photographer". Maybe these guys were looking for work and getting their mug into the photo gets them some free publicity. The women they asked, on the other hand, were possibly in such demand that they didn't have the time to attend or didn't need the exposure - so to speak. Someone said on another forum that they know someone who was invited to the D850 launch, but as partners weren't invited, the women asked decided not to attend. There you go, all sorts of reasons just none of those that were jumped to by the social warriors.

Unfortunately, there are those that are quick to pass judgement and in cases like this take the moral high ground and look outraged to try make themselves look good to the rest of the world. Doesn't matter whether there is any truth to the story, as it's an easy way to be seen to be doing something with minimal to no effort whilst women in many parts of the world who are suffering real oppression are not assisted in any way by these lazy so-called "moral crusaders".

Anyway, we know your desire to stick the boot into Nikon at every opportunity whether justified or not and in this case it was not.
I apologise for offending your sensitive soul. I will try not to post anything negative about Nikon lest I offend your sacred camera god.

Ah, but hold on, someone pointed out only about 10% of Nikon's workforce is female? Am I allowed to post that or would that be too offensive for your delicate soul to handle?

That poor reporting made it to many other sources who stuck the boot in, but I guess you only want the positives out of this? On that note, if there were females working on the campaign wouldn't you have expected someone to point out the all male audience? or perhaps they were brushed under the carpet for their negativity like you did. Ah, nothing to see here, fake news. The lady in this case reiterates that as a female photographer, she continually finds herself sidelined, much in the same way that nikon sidelined females. But don't worry, nothing to see here. Time to get the head back in the sand.

https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...y-camera-women