Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
With about thirty million tech savvy youngsters entering the worldwide urban workforce each year, I'd be surprised if this group weren't responsible for most of the growth in mirrorless take-up. I suspect that the leakage from current DSLR users would be minor in comparison.
I think you've hit the nail on the head, Kev. From my observation, most DSLR users (ie Canon and Nikon users) are unlikely to change. Look at Canon. They have been lagging behind with cameras for many years now, but they are still the market leader. DSLR users like big cameras and optical viewfinders, not to mention their accumulated lenses and their hard won familiarity with mindbogglingly complex systems that few people enjoy relearning (mirrorless cameras a just as mind boggling). But ..... tech savvy youngsters are starting afresh and have no bias towards the old technologies, in fact they probably have a bias towards new technologies. I suspect both Canon and Nikon will have to reinvent themselves at some time in the future. Clearly, neither feel that the time is now, but when is it? Since we have no information on the internal workings of any of these companies, we just have to wait and speculate, just like we've been doing for years.