Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
What I also didn't like about the A7 was the EVF. While it's bright(I never really cared for this as the priority!) my main dislike was the 'pixelated' view it gave.
if you put your face up close to your computer screen, and use a magnifying glass to look at the screen .. this is basically what I saw. Not a natural analogue view of the scene.
Didn't like the refresh rate either. I didn't understand this point until someone pointed this is what gave me a slight motion sickness. I just felt a little uneasy watching life happen as the screen refreshed itself. Also, the dynamic range of the screen in the vf is easy to overwhelm.
Arthur, did you test it under artificial light or natural light? The EVF is probably at its worst under fluorescent lights, think trying to video a CRT TV or computer screen, its a similar effect.

I have an A77 with EVF that is several years older than the A7's. I was shocked recently when I picked up and A7II in a shop and saw how bad the EVF was under the fluoro lighting, yes it would give you motion sickness.

So my advise for anyone thinking of changing to a EVF is to try it under natural lighting conditions if possible.

I love the benefits the EVF gives me like manual focusing as Steve has mentioned. I have also changed the way I photograph, I don't look at the meter or histogram anymore, I look at what I see in the viewfinder, because what you see is what you get.