User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Is batch processing possible in Photoshop CC 2015?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezookiel View Post
    The batch process worked fine in Camera Raw (9.1.1) but I still cannot get the actual PS program to do the batch process of an action that I want. I tried automate>batch> then set it up to run the action on them all.
    It did seem to do it at one stage, but it didn't save any of them even though the whole second section of the batch program had been filled in with the directory and the filename structure etc, the saved files never appeared in that directory (nor anywhere that my search could locate).
    I tried it first by pointing it at the directory the files were in and trying to run it that way, but that did exactly nothing, then I tried it by opening every one of the files (150x 15meg RAW files nearly killed my poor computer) and that was when it seemed to run the action on them all but never saved them. I tried it both ways with "override save as" ticked and unticked. I guess the solution is to make the save routine a part of the action, but that makes changing the file name in the process a whole lot harder.
    Sounds like your actions might be the problem. If you have the Open command recorded in your action, and you don't have the Override Action Open Command checked then that location will be where the action goes to open your files. If you do have the override checked, it will go to the nominated folder to find your files.

Likewise, if you have a save command recorded in your action and you don't override that action, your files will go to that location and not the one you nominate in the dialogue box. If you don't have a location nominated as in "Folder", and you have no save command in the action, then it will simply be running the action, closing the files, and NOT saving them.

This is also a trick when running actions via the Image Processor. You must disable any save or close commands in the action to run it successfully as part of the Image Processor. I usually just go into the action first and uncheck that part of the action and it then runs fine.

I have actions setup for various little edits and allocate keys to them. If I'm editing photos for customers for instance I have keys set up for different sized prints. I do the edit and save the finished work as a layered PSD or PSB file first, then hit the key combo to save a sized JPEG for printing. You can string all these little actions into larger ones by running them whilst recording the new larger action. Your new action will then run your component actions as part of the process.

As I said though, Droplets are great tools when you get comfortable with actions.\

Untitled-1.jpg
    Last edited by Warbler; 01-10-2015 at 9:49pm.