User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Help to achieve this shot please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would firstly look at an alternate background, You say you want DARK, so look for a darker background that can easily be made darker still in post processing. The other issue will be that if it to dark, you risk not being able to see the whip at the furthest points. I would suggest going with some bracketed shots at different exposures and blending components of each to get the final image.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I would firstly look at an alternate background, You say you want DARK, so look for a darker background that can easily be made darker still in post processing. The other issue will be that if it to dark, you risk not being able to see the whip at the furthest points. I would suggest going with some bracketed shots at different exposures and blending components of each to get the final image.
    Good points. That location is between two buildings so I could turn to the right and get more open space behind. My thinking was that the background will show through to some extent and that one is fairly innocuous. What I'd really like is an alleyway with fire escape and bins etc but I haven't found anywhere suitable yet. There was one spot like that I might have a second look at. Good point re the end of the whip too, I'll watch out for that.Thanks for the feedback.
    My Flickr Site
    Instagram _alex_ham_

Gear - Canon 5D mkIII, 16-35 f2.8L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L IS, nifty 50, 75-300 f4-5.6. Sigma SD Quattro H, Sigma 35 mm Art, Sigma 85 mm Art, Canon G1X MkII, Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3, iPhone.