Thank you for your responses, yes maybe I was a little broad in my frustration. I also didn't think this post should have been where I put it but was not sure which section to go to, so thanks for moving it to the right spot. I have a friend who is learning as much as he can and is keenly interested so buys the books, practices all the settings and then explains different things to me along the way. My problem for one - my memory doesn't hold, no not the camera, the one in my head. Just when I think I have it correct I am let down by my results. However now I am shooting in RAW, takes up a lot of room and Lightroom is a godsend for fixing my errors, but I want to get the photos to the point that Lightroom gets them to without any fiddling. My next problem is I don't seem to understand, I can figure the ISO out, I try to shoot at 100 most times unless inside or in the dark. I am getting better at the F stops, but the shutter speed somehow escapes my understanding. I have got the books, I have researched on line, I have hint cards and I try to practice when I find the time. I am not a natural.

I even read the instruction on how to upload a photo to AusPhotography without loading one to the site direct to save on cost for you, and didn't even understand that, so will have to try and make that sink in another time. I also suffer debilitating headaches/migraines so don't spend as much time as I would like to in here or out and about shooting. I guess I just want to do better. I will post a photo when I work out how and explain my dilemma, although in saying that I did manage to finally get some fluffy water shots that I even like!