User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Need some camera recommendations...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    One advantage to mirrorless cameras are that, they are mirrorless. And hence no mirror slap. So you should be able to shoot quieter on the golf course. Of course you could use live view on DSLR to match this ability. But some mirrorless models eg. Nikon V3 can be completely silent using the electronic shutter so you don't disturb the golfer.
    True. However, I expect neither the X-T1 or the E-M1 to be 100% silent, there's still a shutter opening and closing on these things. OTOH, I've never had complaints about a loud shutter/mirror when using the 5D either.

I've been reading up on the oly this afternoon - it has a lot going for it. I'm going to try to get my hands on one this weekend, hopefully side by side with the X-T1. I read a couple of articles from Daniel K. Cheung who tried them both and the one thing that worries me is his complaints about the writing-speed to SDHC. He seems to be the only one talking about this though (the performance numbers on imaging-resource for example don't show this at all), so I'm wondering what is going on there? It wouldn't be a problem for shooting golf, but could get in the way on street- and documentary style shooting.
    Last edited by jev; 09-10-2014 at 7:33am.