Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poorman View Post
    kevin thats some awsome photos there .i was there in 2000 working at the airport for a week with ansett .very nice and safe place .was interesting to see the african looking blokes all bunched up in the back of trucks going to work..lol great pics
    thanks!
    Hope you enjoyed your short work stint in Singapore.
    As residents here, we tend to take a lot of aspects such as law & order, and the sense of security for granted. That's because we grew up within this environment and it has become the norm.

the 'african-looking' blokes you are referring to, I would presume they are our Bangladeshi foreign workers, who are employed mainly in the construction and general contracting industries. Unfortunately they are ferried around on the rear sections of our pick-up trucks (cheap version of the Aussie Ute) without much concern about their safety. I wish they were treated a little better by their employers.

====================

28. Went for a walk-about in Bishan Park one evening, and realized they had completed the major renovation to the park area.
    The goal was to make the park more natural-looking, and make the central stormwater canal an integral part of the park, allowing the public to get close to the water.

They constructed a few bridges and some F&B outlets (including McDonalds) around the park

Some additional information on Bishan Park's transformation can be found HERE
    Last edited by kevin301; 11-08-2014 at 5:17pm.