Start time: any
Duration: any
End time: any
Basically, if you feel up to coming along just come along.
Meeting up halfway through the get together is common, having to shoot off due to other commitments is also common.

There's no pre set start time, but usually what happens is that some of us meetup at a predetermined location, we hang about for a while waiting for others to join the group and then we able along whatever course is agreed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodieh1 View Post
..... What type of things to you guys do on these meet ups and how long generally are they for. Im new to this and would love to get as much advice as I can
So the types of things we do end up doing varies depending on who's idea is heard first.
If you have a positive idea of the kinds of things you'd like to achieve with photography .. all the better.

In a little while I'll post up an actual rough guide as to where and when we expect to meetup, as more ideas come into the thread.
So if you check back, I'll edit the thread title with a time and location of where we expect to meetup.

FWIW: Geoffsta is coming in from Bruthen, and I expect him to be in Melb a bit early(ish). I can be ready to go at almost any time .. may even get in to the meetup point early to try to catch a sunrise(~7AM) .. if the weather is appropriate.

So far, as alternatives haven't been proposed, I'm thinking that the most accommodating point to begin the meeting would be:

The Royal Botanical Gardens cafe, on Birdwood Av. (I don't know the actual name of the cafe, but be aware that there is also a cafe INSIDE the gardens too .. so it's not this one)
The cafe I'm thinking of is on Birdwood Av, south east of the roundabout and across the road from the Shrine.
It's impossible to miss the location. There is a small observatory building on the path that leads to the entrance of the gardens, cafe is between them.

From here we can decide if folks want to go into the gardens, or amble along St Kilda Rd and up into the city.
The alternative is to walk through the gardens, cross Alexandra Av directly to the Yarra, along it then into the city. Depending on what time people want to catch up and do this, you can get nice early morning perspectives of Melb from the Swan bridge(over the Yarra).
Another alternative to that is to walk to the far NE corner of the gardens and cross the Yarra at Morrel Bridge. A picturesque bridge over the Yarra, which is a pedestrian bridge only now. It's a few klms longer than either of the other two options, but a nicer walk overall.
The walk into the city will probably lead us to Fed Sq. Depending on what time we get there, this could be another point where any later comers could catch an early group.

That's just one alternative to what we could do. Any other suggestions are not only welcome, but encouraged.

The reason I suggest the gardens as a meet point is twofold.
1. there are many points of interest to cater for those of us that will be waiting for the group to congregate
2. All day parking is relatively cheap on Linlithgow Av.
If you're coming from the SE(ie. from the Monash Fwy), you want to be on Alexandra Av. On the city side of The Swan St Bridge, you turn left at Linlithgow Av(veer left just before the traffic lights).
Stay along here and look for a parking spot anywhere. the Gardens is about 1klm from that veer turn off, and if you stay to the left all along until you get to the roundabout at Government House.
Past that roundabout tho, and on Birdwood Av, parking could be harder to find(due to the gardens visitors).

Later in the week I'll post up my phone number too, so people have a way to contact the group as it migrates.